Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just another "Caught" thread

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bigwilly127, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Well, the title might be slightly misleading. Ill give a quick summary of my life.. haha.. and then Id really appreciate some experience in this matter.

I've been smoking since last summer with no problems. A few close calls.. but never been caught by my parents or the fuzz. Until about 6 months ago, I was about a once or twice a week smoker.

6 months ago, I was hospitalized several times for a migraine that lasted for 31 of the worst days of my life. It got to the point where I would do nothing all day but moan and groan in my basement with the lights off. I stopped smoking when this happened, thinking it was too low on my priority list to be necessary, but it proved to be the thing that broke the migraine. At this point my parents did not know I smoked and I was happy with that so they assumed that the new medicine I got did the trick.

While the headaches are no longer the reason I smoke (it is now recreational), it is the reason I am very much so pro-bud.

Last night I got home late and stuck my jar (mason jar with piece, papers, lighter, and weed) in my lacrosse bag so I wouldnt have to walk past my parents with it.

I checked for it earlier today and discovered it was gone. There is a chance my cleaning lady checked my lacrosse bag (in my garage) found, and disposed of it, however that is about as likely Justin Beiber growing a pair.

TL;DR
    My question to you all is, should I try to argue my point about weed, saying that it helped me get through hell, I understand the risks involved (legal issues), and I choose to use it recreationally (not in the house)

or

Should I just say "Sorry, it won't happen again" and take the punishment?

My reasoning for the former is that it would be fantastic to somehow get my parents thinking positively about marijuana and I think I may have a chance at that.

I'm aware this is too long for most of you to read, so thank you if you've read this far.

Notice: I am 18, and entering my senior year of high school.

2. ITT: 13 year old kid scared to get a slap on the wrist

3. if you started to deal with migraine issues, and it genuinly helped get rid of them, then tell them that, and if they dont come around to your side, they probabaly never will. the worst they could do is tell you to stop smoking

4. Option #1. Stand up for your cause and help them see marijuana can be one of the best medicines in the world.

5. cleaning lady? damn, you must be rich.

6. my cleaning lady has always left my stuff alone? I doubt she went through your bag. Wait and see if your parents even bring it up, maybe they don't want to talk about it but felt too guilty just leaving it there after seeing it? I would say tell your parents about the migraines, its a lot better to have a reason for doing something your parents might see as dumb then just telling them its for fun. Maybe you could even get it prescribed next time the migraines come around? Go to a pain clinic next time and get a regular doc who trusts you!

7. @Darnoc... I dont know what ITT stands for, but I can assure you I am of legal age

@omdogg thats exactly what I was thinking

And to the rest of you, thanks for actually taking the time to read it. The cleaning lady part was more of a hopeful joke, but I guess there's a chance they won't bring it up. Would be a shame though because I had some really good shit

8. #8 Storm Crow, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011

9. lol!!!

10. Hmm. Well, if you knew my dad you would honestly think that I would have been killed after I was caught smoking. I forgot about a lighter in my pants and he threw em in the washer and found it later on. The next day he decided to take the keys to my car and he ended up finding a bowl in my center console. It wasn't too bad. I think that the first time getting caught should be the worst. I now smoke with less stress/paranoia. Confront them and be straight up about it. Tell them how you feel about it. I'm sure they'll listen. Good luck to you my friend.

11. #11 Jayjangle, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    Dont say SHIT unless someone holds it in front of you and calls your bluff. This is an illegal substance we're talking about, not a beer from your dad's cooler. Regardless of whether or not you view it as a big deal (I don't, just to mention, I agree it can be very useful for a variety of reasons), it won't keep your parents from calling the cops (if they are the particularly hard-nosed 'tough love' types) or giving you a harsh grounding, because marijuana in anyone's household can place the home owner in a legally risky position (whether or not you agree probably won't matter to whoever is paying for or managing your living space).

My weed philosophy: unless someone accusing me of smoking bud holds my own weed in front of me, or a 'positive' drug test, he/she can't do much at all, if anything- atleast regarding the law.

Your first concern is avoiding legal problems, as they can fuck your records up permanently. Second is the rules and conditions of your parents if you are a dependent (meaning they provide you with a place to live, feed you, etc...basically if they are supporting you because you dont have the means to do so yourself). Then, it's whatever else you think should come next.

12. It really depends on how strict your parents are. Would they respect you more for being honest, or will it not make a difference? You don't want to live with it on your mind every time you speak with them. Honesty gets you far. Trust me. If you just say "I won't do it again" and then you get caught it's a hell of a lot worse than getting caught in the first place.

13. stand for your cause, fight ignorance at every turn, be a champion for the medicine that makes your life and others lives better