Just About To Start My Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WinnickTheKid, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Im Busy At The Moment I Have To Go Out In Like 5 Minutes But When I Get Back Im Going To My Grow Room And Gonna Put Shit Up And Move Stuff Around.

What Kind Of Background Should I Get.

2. I'm about to build mine in the next week or so, I'm doing flat white paint. Its cheap and long lasting, and easy to apply.

3. I'm using white elastomeric roof coating to cover/seal my room, and then ORCA film around the areas with plants.

4. Heres My Grow Kit Video
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1NeSBowzR0&context=C34a2f1dADOEgsToPDskL_cZdgfPDKMEVSgpWHWRhl]My first hydroponic grow journal - YouTube[/ame]

5. you need a better lighting setup i think man, invest in a 250w hps kit or maybe one of those LED Lights would be a good first investment. i would definitely do something with your walls but Tin foil is a horrible idea, it creates hot spots and is an electrical hazard. try to get some panda poly or mylar (i'd do mylar) and also you want a humidistat/thermostat in your room to keep an eye on temps etc. Can you tell us exactly what you have setup?

the light etc

6. I tried the Mylar and Poly films. Its a pain to work with and get looking perfect. With my new cab I silicone all corners, and seems. Then paint with flat white Kilz. Second coat if needed.

I personally wouldn't use a waterproof exterior roof coat like an elastomeric coating mainly because it's probably full of toxic crap. I don't want anywhere near my plants. I could be 100% wrong on the toxic part. I will tell you this, applying that crap outside on a roof or basement wall, the fumes will get you higher then you've ever been.