Just a wonder, new to outdoor.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JC12, May 28, 2008.

1. Hi, Extra new to posting on these forums, been a lurker for some time though browsin' through grow journals. Defientely some good grows around here ;)

Anyway. I've been growing for a while now but it's always been indoors and I've just taken up Outdoor growing as a slight change of scenery. Wanted to see the difference really as I've always heard outdoor Ganj tastes much better than indoor. So I have a few Questions :cool:

My plants I have growing outdoors at the moment (Purple #1) are now 2.5 weeks old with around 26 leaves each. We've had some blasting sunlight recently but now clouds have been settling in and I don't know for how long. Will clouds (Meaning no direct sunlight I guess) cause the plants to stretch?
    I've defientely noticed a slight stretch between the two internodes on the plants but not by much yet.

For info purposes tho;
    Using Westland Soil and Compost (25% Peat. 6.8Ph)
    Westland Tomato Feed (27-12-15) [Not used yet]
    Organic Root and flower Bloomer [Not used yet]

I'll post up some Pictures tomorrow or later tonight as Im at work now. :p

Thanks a lot in advanced.

- JC

2. Just had some time to upload these. Sorry for the Quality, had to take on a Mobile Phone.

Plant 1:
    [​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]

Both
    [​IMG]

Will be planting more in June sometime. Gonna wait out for some better weather.

-JC

3. I love outdoor growing so much more than indoor. It just feels so natural:)
    I'm glad you're trying it out, I think you'll definately be happy with it:smoking: I think there probably would be a bit of stretching from the skies being cloudy, but nothing that won't sort itself out in time. Once those plants start getting the full sun, you'd be amazed at how fast those babies grow:)

Anyway welcome to the forums :) And good luck with this grow:hello: and thanks for posting the pictures

4. Thanks for the info and the welcome. :)

I have to agree, growing outdoors does feel more natural and defientaly brings me closer to my plants. They get all the open air and space to grow in. Plus going outside to see your progress beats opening a closet door by far. ;)

I may make a Grow journal at some point, just want to see how my babies do for the moment.

-JC

5. :) hahaha yeah it does beat a closet

sounds good man, I'll be sure to check out your grow journal if you decide to make one. Good luck:)

6. Outdoor is way better just look at the sun compared to a lightbulb and fans for wind compared to real wind and good air.

7. Well they havn't grown much lately so Im gonna do a PH test later on, but what has happened is slugs have managed to get in and a few of my leaves have bite marks. :(

I've reinforced protection with more Chicken wire to hopefully solve the problem. Currently on the look out for some Copper Slug rings as it's only £20 for 6 Large rings.

8. It is a nice feeling, watching them grow outdoors, with all the other plants as well. It's almost like, you can watch the weather throughout your grow, and see just how good your plants will end up being based on how good the weather is. I love the growing :smoke: