Just a theory on dreams, tell me whatcha think.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by untamedlion33, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ok for those who believe in reincarnation you guys may also get that were basicly dreams of god and when we die we end up coming back in some different life. Well it would seem that the people in our dreams may do the same thing. like if i have a dream about jerry the pink bunny one night but tommorrow ill have a dream about mandy the nice vampire. what if jerry reincarnated into mandy? its funny how we never really think about dream people is all. but if god creates us in much the same way we create them i think we should.

2. You've got an interesting theory there. Dreaming is where we go when we die. It's heaven and hell in the same play, just what your mind makes it to be. In dreams we can see random situations that have some vague meaning towards our current lives, or we can see situations from our current life's past or future or previous/future life events. Learn how to lucid dream, to become awake in your dreams and able to manipulate them. You can learn a lot about life beyond the physical realm.

3. "I give a damn if any fan recall my legacy
    I'm tryin to live life in the sight of god's memory"
    - Mos Def

Forgive me if I stray away from the main idea of reincarnation but I feel like what I am trying to say pertains to your message. Life and everything in it may seem like a manifestation of the Almighty's imagination, and to a certain extent, your own. Everything that is set in our own physical realm just seems so...familiar, you know? We have grown to become accustomed to the everyday things around us such as the trees, buildings and people. Are these objects actually structured and built to specific dimensions or are they simply spontaneous in nature? When you enter into the dream world these physical laws are able to be broken and the familiarity begins to fade away. What may seem impossible in waking reality becomes the norm. I really do wonder if these characters and objects you come to meet within your dream world do indeed exist on some remote plane and have their own realities or if they are just a manifestation of your own imagination, much like we how we are essentially fragments of "god's memory".

4. As crazy as it seems I sometimes wonder if when we dream we are simply having an OBE and perhaps temporarily returning to the spirit realm/dimension.

5. I think you have my point, exactly lol. like every religion says were created in gods image. what if thats actually very literal we can do everything god can but on a much smaller scale. sure god sleeps 24/7 as it seems to us. and obviously his dream is much more complex. but our dreams are our little universe that somehow make it out into some paralleled universe that we create. This universe has what ever laws and physics we subconsciously give it. and as we grow the universe we make changes. just like it does for god with earth. like god dreamed up the egyptians and romans. and while they knew about electricity, calculus, and silicon they never made a computer. but somehow it just sorta worked out for us. its kinda like as god grows up we grow up, and it has a ripple effect on our dream charecters in some way. i would be interested in reading about a dream someone in ancient rome had or some other ancient place.

6. but then if thats true, i think it would be worth my while to keep records of people or things i dream about. More in the sense of an expirement to see how first hand reincarnation works. like if Mandy the vamipire has a certain personality trait of being nice just like she did when she was the bunny. would it carry over to the next night when shes a mermaid. if not then figure out the the thing that seems consistent with her.

7. This is called a dream journal and can be the first step in lucid dreaming. When you do it enough you will start to see patterns and when you see the patterns while dreaming it will be easier to realize you're dreaming.

8. thats a good idea. ill think ill start one here, since i go here first thing in the morning to read things anyway lol.