Just a quick question about possible pollination

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by morebang4urbuck, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ;) Two large indica plants are in week 4 of flower and some of the preflower pistills are turning brown and then the calyxes are swelling. When I pull them off and open them up they appear to have a small seed < very small like the ball in the tip of a pen> forming inside. None of the main bud is changing though just seems like the preflowers. I'm pretty sure nothing hermied and i dont have a male plant. Can female pre flowers do this by themselves? Has this happened to anyone else on here? Finally, since it is fall and this seems to have started in the last week could it be that a male somewhere outside was allowed to mature and that the pollen made it all the way into my room? Basically do I need to be freaking out or is it probably just the preflowers and not the bud clusters? :eek:

:cool:
    Just finished reading some forum posts and it seems like this is more of strain thing.. still I would like a few comments from some pro's so I can sleep today.:cool:

2. The older preflowers are drawing back pistills because they are mature.. That is what you want the rest of the calyxes to do at the end stage of flowering..

Keep an eye out on main bud sites making sure its NOT a hermie.. (Look for bannanas)

Also, often times your female will throw out one or two bannanas (Male Flowers) as last ditch effort to reproduce towards the end.. Especially if any light cycle interuptions or stress.. When they do this, its usually the under smaller buds that are pollinated.. If it were a seed, you would know it.. Doesnt take long for seed to form..