Just A Question On Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xionx6, Nov 20, 2009.

1. I was wondering about how soon i can start to flower my plants.....Im not looking for yield on these two plants just results in general. I know you can put them on a 12/12 from the start but Ive also heard that causes slow growth. So what is the soonest you can flower with out slowing growth greatly?

2. Bump...Nothing? I was hoping to have the answer before i left work today....I guess it will have to wait untill monday...Maybe I will try begginer guide

3. you can flower when ever dude, some people go 12/12 from seed, in that case the plant still veg's its self for a bit untill its mature enough to produce flowers, so basically flower when ever you want you shouldnt have slow growth if plant is healthy

4. Thank you. +rep

5. yea no prob dude, just checked out your grow to, plants were looking good on ur last update, keep up the great work lol

6. Aw man i was trying to answer your question right after u posted but i got disconnected. I see what you're asking and i would say once your plants are showing signs that they have rooted (preferably started in veg 24/7 or 18/6) and are growing is the sign that you can place them into flowering mode (12/12) whenever you feel like its time.

Right now im at that point, debating on when to start flowering. I only have 1 room to grow so i have to choose either to continue growing them so they can produce more bud later on, or be impatient and place them into flowering now only getting the minimum amount. I have some fresh seeds that just broke soil and some clones that have been growing for a couple of weeks so once i do change my room into flowering, all of the plants will finish up at differant times. This is what i wanted to do in the first place but with a veg room and a flower room. I wish i had space. Hope this helped and wasnt just a pain to read. More luck to yuh man, and remember, GO GREEN!! :D:smoking:

7. Post 2: Oh i forgot to add, when vegging, 18/6 is better than 24/7 because it gives the plant the dark period to rest and take in all of the nutes its been saving up. Starting with 12/12 would make the plant weaker/unstable, you never know what will happen. K im done.:p

8. yea, its ok to go 12/12 sooner than you think. just realize your yield will be directly affected, as well. people usually say after 5-6 nodes, go for 12/12 at minimum. but, theres no reason you can't go 12/12 after some roots & decent leaf surface area are present like someone above said. my g/f flowered some white rhino after 12 days of 20/4!! but, she still got 15gs of primo bellisimo (not to mention 3gs of keifer sutherland).....