Just a newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NitroDude, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Looking into growing but I need to figure some stuff out.

1. What is the best way to eleminate the smell on a budget? Other than carbon exhaust method.
    2. Is there a way to preserve seeds that I'm not wanting to grow yet?
    3. Are auto flowering plants easier for a beginner or should I just go with feminised seeds?

Thank you in advance.

2. 1. It's going to be hard to get rid of smell without proper exhaust. I have heard things about putting activated charcoal in socks that might work

2.put your seeds in a air tight, dark container in the freezer. Once they are froze they can not be unfroze and refroze however

3 Autoflowers will just give you product in a shorter amount of time. They are much more susceptible to issues and if you cause any serious problems they will be permanently effected. I personally like growing Photoperiod seeds but feminized seeds would work great for a new grower! You'll just get your product in another 5-6 weeks compared to autos

If you're truly on a budget and looking for a light you should go with an Alibaba quantum board. A lot of people start out with those blurple LEDs but you might regret it down the line.

Here's the link to the one I have

Wholesale Amazon bestseller 240w 3000k 3500K 301b qb 288v2 high par plants medical samsung led grow light for indoor garden From m.alibaba.com

It costs $147 shipped and is comparable to the $350 one I have in the same tent

3. 1.You can’t beat a carbon filter , not with anything
    2 airtight container in my bedside table has kept seeds viable for 5-10 years no problem
    3 I wouldn’t start with autos , you can afford mistakes with photos and still get a good yield , one mistake with autos can turn a 2 oz plant into a two gram plant

4. Lmao I completely agree with #3!

My first grow awhile back I used autos and I've swore them off ever since. I don't see the appeal in them. Alot of people think they're easier bc you don't have to flip the light schedule but how hard is that really? Haha

5. Even Mephisto, who specializes in only autos, doesn't recommend autos for beginners.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What does everyone mean by a photo plant? Looking at seedsman.com they have a few options: Feminized seeds, auto flowering seeds, regular seeds and their personalized groups.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Never used their website before. How do I go about ordering? And which option Screenshot_20191025-143221.jpg

8. A photoperiod is a plant that requires a 12/12 light change to flower.....as opposed to an auto that flowers automatically.
    Feminized and regular seeds are all photos unless it says autos.

9. On that link it should just say start order!

If you are getting just one light get the 3500 K or 4000K

10. Any recommend lights that may run a little cheaper? Lol have to convince my wife about this.

11. What's your budget?? If you really can't go above $100-$110 I can suggest some ones off Amazon but down the line you will 100% regret it! You can most likely double your yields with a QB but you will still get good results with these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0794WHD4M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

I've used both and still do but they are nothing compared to the alibaba light that's only $50 more!

I have completely moved away from any of those purple/blue LED lights that you see so many new growers use. I bought 5 of them and right now I only use 2 in my veg tent and wish I would've spent money elsewhere

12. You could always save money by building your own tent with 2x4s and Panda Film and spend that money on a better light.... Are you going to be growing in a room that's already completely dark?

Attached Files:

13. It'll be in a closet. Probably have a 4'L×4'H×2'D room to work with.

14. Is the area already painted white?? Do you have a need for a tent whatsoever?? You could totally get away with having no tent and just one of the Alibaba boards or if you go with the Amazon ones I would get the one with 5 COB chips on it because it has a better spread!

You might run into temp issues not having any exhaust system set up but if you're not to worried about smell then you could get away with it. It's not ideal though

15. Smell is an issue. The closet itself is a teel color. But there are clothes on the opposite side. Curious what y'all think of this one?

16. I tried a space bucket as my first grow! People make it work but in my opinion it is such a gimmick....
    It's like the people that try to grow in a PC case or something! I had a seedling in it but took it out after a week and got a real tent. Now my space bucket Is in my tent and holds the shrine of the random picture I got from Alibaba of an Asian girl LMAO

There are so many other options! I would rather just throw up some panda film on the walls of your space for reflection and use that. Spacebuckets overheat do easy and are extremely hard to actually grow a decent plant in. Also they are going to be just as smelly as having the plant just out in your closet

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1