just a little revelation

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blowteinfluence, Mar 22, 2009.

1. so. ive been on probation for the past six months and to sum it up i got really baked last night.

now im the kind of person when smoking i don't talk. just think. i take everything in. and even though i was at a party i just chilled out and started thinging some crazy shit.

for instance. i look at myself and thought to myself what do i really look like. really. not my physically body but whats on the inside. and this lead to my first memory which was just black. a darkness. after i had in my head this picture of the real me being not really dark but unexplainable i started thinking about all my friends. and what makes them well them. and i started to think what they looked like. once again on the inside. and the same picture came to my head.

so i made this correlation between me and my friends. since i can't really see what i am. and i can't really see what they are. maybe we are similiar. or even maybe we are all the same.
    this lead to me thinking about traits that i see in people that are like me. and this is where i really start to think that maybe i see myself in people, not totally, but i see pieces of me in other people. just small traits or something else. even past my friends. like people that you might not even like. i still can see the potential that just maybe we are all the same.

well. that is me being baked GC.

thanks for reading. haha.

2. thats cool

some guru idr who said...

"if you hate someone you are hating the part of yourself you see in them"

3. thats not a revelation, its THC

4. what do you mean.

5. i too used to trip on people/myself (in the mirror and school) when i wasn't as smart. That is, what thought a person clings to which ends up making them (both observably physical and emotional) who they are

i used to trip balls thoh, harder than anyone had ever seen before
    [​IMG]

6. I believe that one will never have the ability to really see the "inside" of anyone other than himself. In my opinion, all we really know are our own experiences/memories/things we've learned/culture/etc... things that we can take in through our own senses. Everyone else has the ability to take in their own experiences and such through their own senses which I will never be able to partake in or understand. Therefore, my experience = only mine. Your experience = only yours. BUT... the only way we can relate to each other is by relating our own experiences/learnings to those of others, either through comparison or contrast. It's like a venn diagram:

[​IMG]

The circles can relate by converging, but they will NEVER be able to 100% overlap.

What do you think?

7. i understand where you are coming from. and i do agree that may be the way things work. but is just one of those things you can't prove.

just like how it may be very well possible that we are all the same thing. or we all are part of something as a whole. so there really is just a me by myself which is you by yourself.