Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just a few things to think about.. smell and driving

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JustWannaGetFuc, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Definately a bit of an all out solution but i like it...

1. the higher your stash is, the harder it will be for a dog to smell it

2. Definately a bit of an all out solution but i like it...Just came up with an idea... smell proof the vehicle not the weed. Companies such as secondskinaudio sell a variety of sound deadening materials ranging from butyl compounds to closed cell foam to heat blocking to spray ons. Basically everything you would need and more. Just think about it, the bottom of your door is most likely nose heigh for a dog. The only thing separating the dog's nose from the interior air is 2 pieces of sheet metal and 2 pieces of plastic, none of which are airtight so air is constantly being exchanged. If someone went all out, you could literially make a vehicle virtually smell proof by removing the interior and carpet, using a spray on deadener or spray on firewall just basically hit the entire interior... individual doors, seal em, the floor, roof, firewall and trunk. To do it like 100% as sealed as possible would probably cost 500 in materials but that shit would be badass. I've been contemplating doing a similiar sound deadening to my entire vehicle for a while for soley car audio purposes... took me a while to realize that sealing a vehicle would keep smell out. Do some searching on car audio forums if you wanna read more bout it

2. Or you can just not drive and smoke.. And if your picking up weight and it smells find a good hiding spot, and if you have a dog bring it with you.. No cops pull over people when they see a cute dog head hanging out the window. :D I would never pay to smell proof my car, ill stick to 99 cent air fresheners..

3. I just use the black ice air freshener trees. Putting it up is a good idea, harder for the dogs to smell. But smell proofing your car seems a bit overkill.

4. the problem im seeing is that when you put your window down to talk to the cop, out comes all the smell, and right into the dogs noses. and then your fucked haha. altho it would still have some benefits for times when the windows arent open

5. if your picking up wieght just put it in a box with a return adress and a send to adress or whatever. they cant open "mail" without a warrant. problem solved. could also just carry some sort of lock box and lock it in there, they also need a warrant to open something that is locked. if your gonna smoke and drive just leave the windows open.

6. everyone but usps can open your package and cops will open a lock box without a warrant, and otherwise it just takes a phonecall to get one. All it takes is a dog..

7. #7 jjsmit, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    Please tell me why it seems like everyone uses these!

and your solution to the problem..
    as long as it's in an air tight jar then it's not gonna smell through the lock box no matter how strong

8. doesn'T smell pass through all that air-tight shit after several hours:confused: that's why dogs can smell weed through closed containers.
    even if i have ~25g in some air tight ziplocs,jar,boxes.. after about 5-6hours I can definantly smell the fruity smell if i left the box laying aroud.

I therefore guess the air tight jar won't stop the dogs from smelling through the lock box. so it's no problem for them to find and open the package:mad:

9. I had some not so stinky bud vaccum sealed 3 times in a fireproof safe and got sniffed out.

10. There is no smell proofing that will work against a dog. They don't just hit on the smell of your weed. If you have been handling weed, and then use your hand to open your car door, enough smell will transfer for the dog to pick up on.

In other words, If it comes down to a dog search, you're fucked anyway. What you need to be thinking about is smell proofing against the officer that pulled you over in the first place. If he has no reason to suspect that you're carrying, he won't call the dog.

11. Cop will only open a lock with no warrant if you let them. Glove compartment or trunk. They can search the rest if they have a reason (smell of kush for example).

If you're carrying a lock box, put it in the trunk. This way they never see the box because they can't open the trunk. Personally I'd go with some smell proof bags from a headshop and stash it in the trunk hidden without a box.

Unless you robbed a bank or sell kilos a day, I can't imagine a dog being present for a routine traffic stop. If there is, the cop won't bring the dog out unless he thinks he should. If you were smoking in the car etc of course you could be screwed.

Now if the cop smells weed and decides to call a dog in, then you're fucked. You're waiting for the dog to show up so there goes an hour of your day. Might as well tell them where the stash is.

Anyway I've been pulled over after smoking in the car. Got away with it. Just be smart.