Just a few questions before I start growing :D

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bagerzxxx, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hi GC, I personally love this forum :)

Just have a couple of questions regarding soil and nutes, which is the one part of my setup that im worried about :/

Once my seeds has germinated, can I then straight after add it to my growing medium (Biobizz All-mix) or does it have to be a soil that hasent got any nutrients in it? If so can anyone recommend me a good one that is sold worldwide (preferably in the uk)?

Another thing, are Biobizz Bio bloom and bio grow nutrients good for growing with? If not can anyone recommend me a good set that are also sold in the uk or shipped worldwide?

Just one last question that is my main concern is when should i add a plants first nutrients? I see a lot of threads and journals around here where people spoil half of the plants life because they added nutrients too early or too late.

Thanks for any questions answered.

Peace :smoke:

2. I would recommend throw the soil out then buy a air pump or water pump and grow some good pot . Lol
    HYDRO

3. Hi, thanks for the advice
    I have thought about a hydro setup however I simply do not have enough space to set it up as im only growing in a small wardrobe, plus they say soil grows are better for a beginner and taste better.

:smoke:

4. #5 larryfine69, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    Here's what I've been using and it's been a huge success.
    I place my germinated seeds in a 50/50 mix of Light Warrior and Just Right Xtra.
    I use RO water with a ppm of less than 30. I only add Hygrozyme to start.
    After about a week I transplant into 3 gallon smart pots with 100% Just Right Xtra.
    I only add Hygrozyme for the first two weeks. Since I am using RO water I may add 2.5ml of Cal/Mag per gallon, depends what they look like.
    After two weeks I have been using the GH Organics or GO line. Fist couple of feedings I use 50-75% of what they recommend. I always use just water and Hygrozyme every third watering or so, don't want salt buildup. After a few weeks I go up to full strength using their feeding chart but still water & hygrozyme only every third feeding. And don't forget to use their Diamond Black or some kind of plant-active humates. I'm convinced the Humic Acid supplements and Hygrozyme make a big dif.
    That combo yielded what you see in my avatar. That's a Super Lemon Haze grown in a 2x4 tent under a 400 watt mh/hps. The quality and yield were fantastic.
    I am currently growing a Great White Shark and The Church using Advanced Nutrients. I may do a grow journal on these. I had to try the Advanced after seeing some vids. Yeah I'm a sucker for some good advertising.
    Anyway that's how I've been doing it.
    Good Luck...

5. Oh I forgot to mention I don't even check my PH using this combo and I've never had an issue.

6. Thanks a lot for the advice :) I most definitely am going to follow it, good luck with using the advanced nutrients.

7. Soil: Foxfarm Ocean Forest / Happy Frog

I use 4 part happy frog 1 part ocean forest for my first pot, then 4 parts ocean forest 1 part happy frog for the rest of the grow.

nutrients - i also like foxfarm. the original trio big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big, and then cha ching from their second line.

8. [quote name='"larryfine69"']
    That combo yielded what you see in my avatar. That's a Super Lemon Haze grown in a 2x4 tent under a 400 watt mh/hps. The quality and yield were fantastic.
    [/quote]

What did it end up yielding? And what style where you growing? May have missed that.