Just a few plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 420 Shade, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Been growing them since march

ForumRunner_20120623_234406.png

ForumRunner_20120623_234430.png

ForumRunner_20120623_234515.png

2. Not to be a jerk but they're quite small for march
    you're probably lacking air in the soil mix (30% perlite) so they can't grow fast enough.This is a crucial aspect of pot growing (and other seasonal veggies. You awlays want air with lava chips, rice hulls or vermiculite.
    The pots should be bigger too (they're probably root bound). I'dd place them in a double sized pot with an airy soil mix and more manures, kelp, bat guano at the bottom mixed in. They'll take off.

3. I see growing have change a lot in the city. I'm growing in my back yard. those plants were my test plants. I usely don't even let them get that big. I have 3 in one pot, the indica in a 5gallon which is enuff space for a plant. N the other one, is a seed that my pops planted with a aloe plant. My other plants I have them inside. Two clones n one from seed I grow em for a month n a half befor flowering season.... N no such thing as a jerk. Advice is welcome. My plants are healthy. I just dont like them getting big. I usely fim a lot.

4. Ok no problem, Indica or sativa doesn't mean much imo, non auto plants can use 50 gllons of soil very fast if placed early and with lots of sun. But I understand you want to keep them smaller. Yeah 3 per pot reduces size too. Being root bound, will cause them to flower earlier than usual. They look good, have a good one

5. I agree with you. But I usely use 5gallon container per plant. i have use bigger pots n have got great results in bushier n taller plants. I have even planted on the ground. But I have gotten same result on the thc level of the buds. Only different bigger pots = bigger yeild. But im deff going to follow up on ur grows. U know what ur talking about... Rep

6. You might have to water them every day due to pot size once the heat kicks in. Mine dried out quickly last year.

7. I water every other day...

8. I also have my two in pots 'cause I don't want too big a harvest. A lot of work to do alone. I have noticed that one of my plants is drooping. It may be rootbound but I can't put it in a bigger pot or in the ground cause of my disability, I wounder if I could just keep feeding and watering until they sex?

9. sagging plants leaves can be too lack of water or poor drainage.. I been growing for yrs in 5gallon containers. 5gallon is plenty of space for the roots to grow a nice 5 feet plant..

10. I grow in small pots. Every-time I post a pic of my plants, I always get the regular "man, you should up-size that pot Bro bla bla bla". I guess people don't know what it's like to grow in your backyard - you can't have monsters! You'll get noticed!

Your plants look great - just the size they should be. My plants are in 5-gal buckets, the same ones I grow them in every year - they NEVER get root bound. Yeah, they'll probably stop growing tall, which is fine by me. Last year I got a cool 2 OZ off of a plant that was in a small container from the beginning of the season until November. Obviously that's no bragging amount, but it's good enough for me :smoke:

11. I really don't grow for amount of yield. I try to concertrate in the potency building. Getting the right amount of fert, testing the ph levels. Giving it enuff water n keeping it bug free. Like I said be for. The city have change a lot. Back then when I was a mod, n other growers mods. A lot grew in 5gallon having a high yield n beautiful plants. But everybody to there own prefer way. But is good to follow other growers. There always something new to learn!