just a few flowering questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fictionx, Aug 7, 2009.

1. I changed my lights for 24/0 to 12/12 two weeks and 2 days ago and now i see pistils present in numerous places over my 5 plants. They are about 20" tall right now and i have a few questions.
    1. Will buds grow from every spot where pistils are present?
    2. If my seeds are 9 week flowering period does that mean that it takes 9 weeks from light schedule change to harvest, pistils to harvest or buds to harvest?
    3. When can i expecting budding to begin?
    4. I noticed a few small mushrooms (not magic =[ ) growing in the soil, does that pose a threat to my babies?
    Thanks all

2. 1. yeah the buds come in were the pistils are at.
    2. the flowering period is from the light change to harvest
    3. your buds will come in soon, ive never heard of any specific time for budding to begin but bloom nutes would help that process along, you should see some buds start to form within a week or two
    4. not sure of the mushroom issue but from what i do remember, mushrooms are a fungus and fungus is known to grown in damp conditions. what are your temps looking like?

3. thanks for your thorough answers dude. my temp fluctuates between 75 and 85 degrees F. I think ill be getting a dehumidifier soon too to help with dampness

4. Mushrooms can cause problems, and they are a sign of too much moisture. Try letting your plants dry out an extra day before you water.