Just a few concerns

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by metroeg3, Jul 21, 2013.

1. I'm not sure if I should just buy the htgsupply 400w complete grow tent or hand select the materials in a more DIY process.

My budget is basically what it costs to buy the HTGsupply kit, can an experienced grower tell me if I should buy the kit and boom start growing or to go about it differently?

I have seeds from The Attitude, 10 auto-fem and 2 fem, do these seeds just flower after successful germination or is there more to it?

I am hoping to yield atleast a quarter P from each seed, is it possible given my setup?

Looking for all the knowledge I can get before I start growing as I'm planning on beginning the operation at the commencement of August.

2. Sorry, but there is no way you will yeild that much per seed.   12 seeds x 4 ounces each would be 3 pounds from one 400 watt light which is simply not possible.   I'm assuming this is your first grow, if you are successful you will likely end up somewhere in the 0.3 to 0.5 grams per watt of light (assuming the grow goes well) which would put you somewhere in the 125-200g range or 5-8 ounces total.

I yielded 0.5 grams per watt on my first grow, and is a reasonable goal for a first grow.  It takes time to learn the strains you are growing and takes a few runs to maximize your grow space to it's full potential.    It's best not to worry or focus on yield for your first grow as many first attempts are error-filled and don't make it to harvest.    Instead of worrying about yield, focus on dialing in your set-up before you start to provide optimum conditions.    Read all the stickies here on this sight and look through the grow journal section and find some growers that are using similar set-ups.    If you focus on learning as much as you can about your plants and how to make them happy, your yield will take care of itself.    A lot of new growers put way too much emphasis on yield and then are disappointed when they don't get the pounds of herb they were expecting.