Just a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whereisyourgod, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Was wondering if 1000 watt MH/HPS set up was enough for 4 plants, in a 5x5x5 enclosed "box"?

With Foxfarm soil

it's my first run and the seeds are from Attitude, and should be due anyday :smoking:

G13 Labs Purple Haze
    Feminized Cannabis Seeds -

Reserva Privada Purple Wreck

Female Seeds Purple Power

Bomb Seeds Berry Bomb
    Feminized Cannabis Seeds

I tried to choose shorter flower periods ( shorter amount of time for me to mess up lol) and of course purp strains.

Was also curious if .4/watt was a reasonable expectation of what to expect for a first timer? Maybe i'm a little pessimistic.

I'm also wonder what nutes i should be getting, and how much exactly i should be giving/watering. I want to do this the right way, and learn as mich as i can.

2. yes a 1000w is good for a 5x5. if your only going to have 4 plants in there you will need to grow them very big to make use of all that light. personally I would have many more plants in there, probably 9 in very large pots. more smaller plants take less time to veg than less larger plants

I have no idea what ".4/watt" means

when you water slosh loads in there so there is plenty of run off, then discard the run off. wait until the soil is proper dry before watering. it will likely surprise you how dry the soil can get before the plant wilts.

when using fox farm mix it with coco fibre to dilute it down as its very strong. this is needed for young plants but when your repotting them when they are bigger you won't need to add coco fibre, although it certainly wouldn't hurt.

when using nutes use a quarter strength solution to start with. only use water for the first several weeks, then either 'feed/water/feed/water' or 'feed/water/water/feed/water/water'

3. Agreed.
    You could definitely fit more plants in that space, especially under 1000w. If you don't get more babies to throw in, just make sure you put the 4 in decent size pots to utilize the space. I'd probably go with 20 gallon containers and just train the shit out of them.

As for nutrients, there are so many different nutrient lines, you should read up on them and find the one you feel will work best. Every grow set up is different/unique, therefore I believe different nutrients work better for different environments/strains.
    Or you could go organic and let the soil do all the work :)

Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes

4. I use two 1,000 watt lights for six plants, so the one will work perfect for 4. They can grow pretty large under that lighting if they have plenty of food.

In an enclosed box you're going to need to keep a close eye on temperatures; especially when summer comes so make sure that your box is well ventilated, in AND out.

Good luck.

J