Just a couple of Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by unoit, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Hang on..Are you saying that the plant with the leaves removed isnt growing faster and better than the one that you havent touched???If this is the case im confused..Theres a thread in the advanced growing forum that ses different??

2. HIGH All, yes tetra it's why I'm doing it....I was told to stop reading so much and learn to grow..something like that.

Ahhh man I feel so sorry for Plant 2...why would anyone want to do this is beyond me. As you can see by the pics Plant 1 is "just" a little bigger and better Plant. Now All I can think of that made it this way was...I'll call it "The Dier Method"..which is stripping All the Big Fan leaves O.F.F.F.

Ok pics are worth a Thousand words right!!!

Let's do Plant 2 first.

Plant 1

Now who say's Plant 2 will out produce Plant 1....

Edit: now let's take a look at the roots...Plant 2

Plant 1

Now don't they say "Bigger Roots=Bigger Plants=Bigger Buds"..I don't know it could have been something I read.

3. i cant see the pics mate..

4. HIGH All, **Puff Puff Pass**..better?

Edit: you can see them right?

5. Glad to see some one trying to put a stop to "The deir method" Its sad to see a plant hacked and stunted like that.. Good luck on getting that poor thing back to good health...choke with ya later...

6. great one on one comparison for everybody unoit! i did a similar experiment with my girls that are flowering now. the female that i didnt prune fan leaves off of (just topped and fimmed) reached maturity 5 weeks from seed. the plants i DID prune reached maturity 2-3 weeks later. now that im in flowering, the non-pruned female has 3x, if not 4x the amount of bud growth then the plants i butchered during veg and im almost at 2 weeks into flowering. good luck with those girls.

7. HIGH All, glad to see some growers that agree....now everyone don't do it...unless you are growing sog, scrog and have limited height issues. If you just want to watch them Babies grow..well just let them.

Edit: oh Plant 2 will start to grow and will doubt give us some nice Bud...

8. HIGH All, well I've been informed that what I'm doing is a waste of time...not that I didn't know!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well I have a new one to do....what I have been doing should have been done to an LSTed plant...yup..here we grow again!!!! What I have now is a Kali Mist Female (Yes a clone) which I will be doing this to. Plant is in Sunshine Mix#4 and are being feed Nutrilife's "A" "B" "C"...."A" and "B" right now.
    Now my LHM tells me you can't just do one LST plant..you must do another that "is" just LST. So...I know what will happen but hey I'm a giving kind of guy...I have Woodbug home and can't do anything untill he grows to bed so the LSTed plant I did "The Dier Method" to will have at least sex or 7 hours to do it's thing before I LST the other KM clone.

Ok..KM before LST...KM2

KM LSTed KM2

KM LSTed and "The Dier Method"...KM2

Edit: now I don't have pics of KM1...just give me a few hours...

9. Man those are good looking indica man! looks very healthy and well cared for. Gj and im sure ur so excited about those ladys growing up so u can bangem :p ( Smoke em if u wanna be a dick about it)

10. Hang on..You telling me that Dier has been letting you do this wrong and that hes only telling you now???That wasnt very nice..He couold of told you earlier so you didnt do that to that plant!!

Wrigle worm wrigle.

11. HIGH All, thanks...yes I do take care and love the girls I grow....it's why I would never "Mutilate" a Plant like what I'm doing now.

Hey tetra!! Yes I would have thought so too....oh well....tell me now or tell me later I have to do it....just have to see for myself. And the pics here on The City..well...will Always be here..you don't have to worry about server problems or whatever.

12. Nice plants Unoit!

I may be a newbie or something, But it doesn't look like the Dier Method works good at all!

I'd stick with what your doing :)

Regards,

The Man In Black

13. Operative word : TRYING

You know its very strange that his plant is stunted when my method has brought stunted plant out of being stunted right here on this very forum.

its also very funny showing the root pics, your experiment is not very controlled.

I know for a fact from doing my buckets that roots will only grow so long depending on the buckets water hght, for instance my roots stayed in a bunch and short until i dropped the water level were they were forced to lengthen to find more water, so your pictures of the roots being longer n plant one only proves to me that your treating plant one much better than plant 2.

Plant 2 shows signs of being drowned in water and also the reason its not growing to its potential, also evident by the shorter roots.

Another fault in your "experiment" is that there is no way in hell you can keep TDS/PH/PPM exactly the same for both plants all the time, so one will always do better than the next (prime example was my tub vs BB.

Your experiment is a very sad attempt to make me look bad, why dont you do it fairly and make a tub that holds 2 clones of the same strain and size (plant wize and root system wize) that way the nutes/ph will be the same for both plants not to mention lighting which we have yet to see, god knows maybe you have the pruned plant on the sideliines with less light, We dont know what your doing, you could be saying your doing it but be doing the exact opposite just because "you cant stand seeing a plant hacked" and want the idea done away with.

I currently have 24 bob marleys in pots flowering, i didnt prune a single leaf off of them and i vegged them for 3 weeks longer than i vegged my pruned plants of the last harvest and they are NOWHERE! near the size or have NO WHERE near the amount of branches or budsites.

So you go on with your experiment, i could care less who you convince, but you wount be convicing me as i have 24 pretty much Mediocure plants in flower right now just to prove my point vs your 1 vs 1 experiment, and like you TRUST me, i will never grow like this again without pruning and LST.

14. HIGH All, *LOL* fuck you amaze me sometimes Dier and not in a good way.

No Problem Buddy....growing fucking 12/12 today just so I can do your tub same clone side by side as soon as I fucking can *LOL*

Treating one plant better than the other.fucking DUH!!!!! Of coasre I am I leafed one alone and fucking hacked the other....DUH ya I'd say one's being treated better than the other...So you call me a liar...no problem Dier...find one post where I called you a liar...like I said no problem.
    So do you want me to finish this one and grow 12/12 and do it your way...now you see if I grow 12/12 now you will say see told ya he lied.

You lost any respect I had for you Dier...calling me a fucking liar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: ok I knew something like this would happen soooooooo as some of you may notice in All Plant 1 and 2 pics there is a cinder block to the left of the Girls and on your right..yes the light...here look and as you can see the light is the same distance...I don't need to cheat or lie for I've been doing this a long time and even before I did it I knew it wasn't worth it.

Now the roots...cut off the fucking big fan leaves and yes the roots won't grow much..now DUH why...plants fucking growing straight up or fucking srcog IT WILL SLOW THEN DOWN!!!!

Call me a fucking liar!!!!!

15. Tsk Tsk..

See Unoit, this is another reason to post in our section.

Tis a shame to waste a good cannabis plant.
    :(

Any update pics?

GL-

THC101

16. HIGH All, hey THC...sure I'll get some soon....fuck man being called a liar made me even more fucking deterimed now to and not "try"...will prove it WILL SLOW DOWN your plants. Here Dier not that you fucking would believe but here's a shot of "The Light" and the fucking Buckets where they have been from the fucking start....yup agree with the PPM sure it's hard to keep one from sucking up more than the other and thus hard to control (keep it the same)...fucking drowning the roots on Plant 2 *LOL*...nope sorry both Buckets are filled to mmmm about 4" below the net pot...not that you would believe me *LOL*.
    Now from Day 1 I've been saying it WILL SLOW DOWN your plants...you do it your way All you fucking want...I'm growing to do it in the Tubs just like you want and my pictures WILL NOT dissappear..even if I'm wrong..which I know I'm not.

Just for you Dier a pic with "The Light" on

Attached Files:

17. ::follows thread closely::

From what i have seen, you are both very good growers.

I'll just sit back and watch

18. Didnt call you a Liar and i dont need your respect either.

All i am saying is its an experiment thats wrong from the beginning since there are in seperate res's of which Water levels, Ph, PPM, Temp will always be different, so it is not a controlled experiment.

To you leaving the plant along is treating it better, to me pruning is treating ME better as the end result is better... LIke i said in my posts (treat it like the bitch it is)

19. lmao..

what did i say unoit??

Wrigle worm wrigle...