Jury Nullification

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Maybe This is how the War on Marijuana Ends?

Cool :cool:

2. That is cool man. Do you know how many of the jury have to, uh, whats the correct term... vote for nullification? Or whatever? For it to be nullified?

3. Jury nullification is still one of the best-kept secrets of the American legal system. Big surprise.

AFAIK a jury nullification only applies to the particular case at hand. So this lucky 'Nam vet was reprieved but the nullifications in themselves only apply to their case in particular.

In order for it to become a meaningful force for change we'd need a very broad consensus among jurors that marijuana laws don't deserve enforcement.

4. I agree. Jury nullification is a powerful tool, but the jurors have to be informed and be of the mindset that marijuana isn't an evil weed that makes it's users rape farm animals.

5. #5 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    Wasn't there a man a while back that convinced the jury and the judge that his mortgage had unlawfully been given to him, that the bank created the money out of thin air. So he got off Scott free with not paying his mortgage. I forget the case but jury nullification was used there I think.

I remember reading about it but can't find it anywhere...[​IMG]

6. I apologize for the slightly annoying music in this video, It's all Ron Paul's fault...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGPPD8xPbU&feature=related"]YouTube - Jury Nullification[/ame]