Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pocket biscuits, Apr 19, 2014.

1. #1 pocket biscuits, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    This post will feature unmentionables, but I feel that the moderators should allow the post to remain online because of its factual nature. Also, I am not a fan of the drug dealing in question, I simply want to share my story with you guys. It's pretty long, so I don't expect too many of you to read the entire thing. It's a little over one thousand words, so it's not unbearably long. Also, names and places have been changed to aliases, so anything you find on these people is not about the real people in the case. I made these changes more so to protect myself from these crooks if you catch my drift. (It wasn't anywhere near Kalamazoo, MI, but that's what this post will say.)

This was the first time I have ever been on a jury. I heard a case about a man who was accused of selling crack cocaine.
    Aside from the fact that the entire case made by the prosecution is based on entrapment, the evidence they presented proved nothing to me. While it is plausible that Mr. Hunt did sell crack cocaine to the informant as well as a bounty of other street drug users, the prosecution never convinced me beyond reasonable doubt that Mr. Hunt was guilty of selling crack.
    The police stated that they had multiple officers watching Mr. Hunt and Mr. Tibbs exchange money and drugs, and also had Tibbs wearing a wire. Nothing was recorded, and none of the pictures presented as exhibits in the case show any drugs being exchanged. It seems to me that if multiple policemen and police vehicles were viewing three separate drug exchanges, there should be actual, hard evidence in a photograph or better yet a video with sound proving beyond all doubt that Mr. Hunt did in fact deal narcotics to Mr. Tibbs. Also, none of the three envelopes of crack cocaine that were used as evidence against Mr. Hunt matched up in weight between the testing laboratory and the police report. One of the samples even came back heavier than what the police submitted, further indicating that the evidence used against Mr. Hunt has been fabricated. I vote not guilty. There is simply not enough hard evidence in the case to convict this man.
    The jury hung today, three separate counts of delivering crack cocaine, for three different dates. The votes were 11-1 on count 1, 11-1 on count 2, and 10-2 on count three. The third count involved Tibbs going into a car instead of him buying the crap outside so one woman said that the coke could have possibly come from someone in the car besides Albert Hunt.
    Everyone on the jury was really pissed at me. And you know what?  That[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]s sad. We live in such a police state that tiny specks of (enter material here) can land someone in barbaric jails or prisons for lengthy periods and everyone but me seems to believe this is what the law should be. Do not doubt my knowledge that everyone including the judge told me I was not supposed to judge the law, only the evidence, and that if I could not, I should be struck from the jury. Well, nah, fuck that. I already refused to voice my opinion when they asked us about our opinions on drug laws. I did not want to get kicked off the panel, as I wanted to screw up a conviction the cops had conjured up with a little snitch named Archibald Tibbs who supposedly robbed a Subway with a razor I guess? I actually kept my trap shut as well as I possibly could because my number one goal was to simply get my lone innocent votes in. That was all I needed to do and it really feels great to fuck up what the police are trying to do, which is throw some poor nig nog into the slammer for a speck of fucking rock that was never found on his person, but only from Tibbs. The fancy pants wine selling foreman lectured me that I was screwing up further investigation by not letting the police make the defendant a snitch himself upon a guilty verdict, in turn snaring dealers higher up the ladder. I did not say anything, but you really think I[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]m working for the fucking cops, dude? Trust me, $16.00 per day ain[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]t enough to get me to throw random ass people in jail. Fuck you. Go to Hell. Stay there and cook.
    I seriously could have collected better evidence against a drug dealer all by myself in about one week than these lame ass cops did in some kind of half assed sting operation over the course of a year. After a year they[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]re still chasing micro sized bags of the shit and not even recording the event? Police testimony doesn[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]t do it for me, folks. Just because multiple cops have a matching story doesn[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]t mean shit to me, and most certainly not in court. Everyone in the jury was appalled I even brought this point into question and I think they all need a little taste of young spirit when it comes to punishing motherfuckers over the dumbest shit. Like I said, I didn[FONT='ms 明朝']'[/FONT]t judge the evidence, I judged the law, folks. Every anti drug law need to be repealed at once, an opinion I carefully hid throughout my jury service.
    Yeah yeah yeah I know he sold the shit but the whole damn thing was entrapment and yes prosecutor, there was someone on the jury who thinks every damn drug should be legal whether I would do it myself or not.
    [SIZE=12pt]I[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]m well aware that Albert Hunt was [/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]“[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]guilty[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]”[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] of selling crack. But that[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]s a dumbshit law for dumbshit people. I don[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]t even know why you would smoke crack. I also don[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]t understand why the Kalamazoo Police Department is so fucking lame that they can[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]t even bring an 8 ball in as evidence. I wonder if they keep it for themselves when they steal it from drug dealers. This whole case just blew chunks and so did every damn member of the jury, which was not at all composed of Albert Hunt[/SIZE][FONT='ms 明朝'][SIZE=12pt]'[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]s peers. It was a bunch of old haggard ass white people, a pathetic Asian female, and myself, who I leave open to insults. While I understand why all these pinche viejos want to pull another darkie off the streets, I would rather pull all the fucking pigs off the streets. [/SIZE]

2. #2 moabfighter, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Didn't read sorry, but I know a guy who had jury duty, and said it wasn't his place to put someone in prison, he'd never agree or disagree so they couldn't get a verdict, he got off jury duty real fast lol

Ok I read it. Hell yeah man, you honestly should write to the dude that's (I assume) locked up and tell him you were the lone juror who wasn't buying the bullshit. Physically, it will do nothing for you or him, but it could really help him emotionally to know you agree it was all a crock of shit.
    Kudos man.
    The war on drugs is ridiculous. If people wanna ruin their lives and OD and die on drugs, let them have that choice. Too much money and jail time is wasted on the fight against drugs. Its a never ending battle. As long as their is human life form, people will always want to change their mind perception. Not everyone. But some. Id say alot. War on drugs OBVIOUSLY is not working.

3. A lot of people got themselves struck from the jury that way. I have a harder line against the cops/prosecution than most people when it comes to drug crimes. I kept my opinions to myself on purpose because my main objective was to fuck up the conviction, which I did.

4. The post is waay too serious and Im way too stoned....

Sorry

5. edited and added to my above post.

6. lol you called him nig nog.

7. I don't get it at first I thought you said the evidence was messed up and there was no recordings or pictures. Which i would explain to the rest of the jury.

And then at the end of your post your all about how its just cause you don't believe in the war on drugs?

8. just tell them your in law school or some shit, they never select anyone whos studying law/wants to be a lawyer or a cop

9. ehhh crackheads... catch em and ban em

10. Yes to both. 

11. #11 Airf0nz0, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    The law is the law dude.  Its not a perfect justice but its justice.  You are looking for technicalities in the law when even you admit that this guy was selling crack.  If you knew he was selling why didn't you just vote yes?  He was guilty as you have already admitted.  

There are much better venues to express you dislike of the laws other than jury duty....jury duty is the last place you should show your contempt of the law.  This was bad move on you.

*edit 

And i'm all for you questioning the system...in fact I'm proud of you. You went about it all wrong though.

12. Fuck the law

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Weed is one thing, hard drugs should be off the street. I've never seen nor heard of a good, honest person slinging hard drugs. Illegal drugs have a way of making people corrupt. That being said, good on you for assessing the evidence critically, not sucking up to the system.

14. I thought you werent supposed to talk about things like this

15. I actually had that quote in caps before I posted it on GC. I deleted it... I think? I had a couple different versions of this for different people. One of them included "HAHAHAHA FUCK THE LAW"

16. Thank you. Despite the fact that I do not think the law should even exist, I was not proven by the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt that this particular guy even did it... The cops solicited the whole thing to begin with anyway. Whatever happened to ENTRAPMENT laws?