Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DroMontesino, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Stuck in jury duty. It really sucks lol. I know it's a great thing, but I hope I'm not called into a major case. I can't afford $15 a day more than one day lol. It's a joke what they pay. Sorry if I'm venting...

Fuck your French, and excuse my Ebonics....

2. I agree. How it works where I am at is you sign in but you get a call if your selected...you used to have to sit and wait. If you make the cut you go back in. To get out of it since they have to select the jury just lie when they ask about if you have any related issues with the case.

Ive had it 2times. Once was for a car crash. They asked about car insurance. I said it was my belief that it was legalized extortion. I was dismissed. Second time I said I was a racist and was entitled to that belief. Got dismissed.

Also if your not highly educated they tend to pick you as well. The theory is you will not have opinions on things. Fuckers.

3. Lol thanks for the tips. Mine makes us wait in a tiny pact room, and we have a small lounge area. This sucks. I'll use the mr. Me2, and have opinions on everything lol

4. Over this side of the pond your employer is obliged to pay you by law as normal when you are on jury service. 

Never been called and if i was i would be keen to be selected. Years of watching various "legal" TV shows has perked my interest. :)

5. Lol I wish my boss paid me. A doctor who lives beachside, worth $75 million net, can't pay me one day jury duty. It's BS.

6. If you claim to be a racist at jury duty in NYC, they'll make you come in every day as punishment.   Acting out will get you in worse trouble.  

I served on juries, and grand juries.   Every few years I'd get the dreaded notice.  A few years ago I gave them a doctor's note about a medical condition I have, so I got permanently excused.    

Jury duty should not be mandatory.   They should have highly paid experts to do this.  I don't know the law and I doubt that many others do, either.  

Thats risky to do as if you are selected to be on the panel your clearly biased. Usually they look for some simpleton that they think has no informed opinions that they can force feed there babble.

If I actually ever have to serve it I would bet he worst ever. Id sit there and doodle all day then depending if I had my morning bowel movement would impact my vote.

The Judges there sit there with 6 figure incomes....few of us can live off 15 bucks a day. Thats what a gallon of gas, a couple things at the gas station and a value meal at McDonalds.

8. I tried it once years ago. I had to sit and wait for hours just to be notified that i did not make onto the jury. Ever since then I have said f jury duty its a waste of my time.

9. Status update; I'm Freeeeeeee lol. DUI case, but they didn't select me to juror, sent me home;-)

10. So you just don't go old school? My aunt, who's good friends with a judge, told me don't bother. They have no proof I received the letter, since it's not certified mail or signed for etc. so I wouldn't get in trouble.

11. Yeah I ignore the summons now they dont bother me anymore.

12. was summoned for it back in june. went to disneyland instead. aint heard shit out of em since.

13. I got called for duty a few years back. wasn't there for an hour and said case was dismissed. 2 months later I got a check for $4. gee thanx :laughing:

14. I throw those away. 

15. #15 Rotties4Ever, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

16. Another thing you can say, during the juror selection process, is say that you tend to believe the police over other people.  That's not going to get you in trouble, but the defense attorney is not going to want you.   

17. Lol why did they bother? I would have taken it like a slap in the face.

I like it....

Sneaky...