Jury duty...

Discussion in 'General' started by AsthmaticStoner, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Just got a letter in the mail for it. Didn't give me a date for it, just said if and when i have to that it could be up to a year...would they be doing any drug tests when I go? Anyone ever been?
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I don't think they drug test jury. But I could be wrong. I always use college to get out of it.

3. Does the letter contain a phone # to call? Usually a letter will either tell you a specific date and court you have to attend, or they will have an automated phone # for you to call and get your date.

4. #4 Pie Romania, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    I was just summoned for jury duty for the month of August, but being a medical marijuana patient, I just called the county clerk's office and told them that my doctor prescribed me medication that might impair my judgement and that I felt it would be wise to inform them prior so they were aware as I didn't want to make a wrong decision regarding something so important. They were very thankful that I contacted them in advance and asked me to have my doctor fax them a note. I received a letter about 3 days later saying I was dismissed for the entire term of the summons.

Cannabis doesn't impair my judgement at all, but figured it was a good way to get out of it considering I raise two young boys by myself and need to be here when possible.

Edit: Also, there's a few other ways to get out of it easily. Best way is during the jury selection process. Just show complete bias one way or another and they'll choose to remove you. They want unbiased people so the entire process is "fair".

5. They don't test you.

In Cali they tell you a number to call and you might be placed on "stand by". Basically you call once a day to see if you need to show up.

6. Damn wish I did this last month when I went.

Will definitely try it next time I get a letter.

7. The only number i remember seeing was one for if you had any questions about filling it out. I could do it online or by paper. I mailed it out yesterday so I'll just have to wait and see

8. I say fuck it and get high. What are they gonna do, put you on trial!?

9. #9 Griffijuana, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTyg5rhGkX8&feature=player_detailpage

Do this and you're home free. 

Stay gold, pony boy.

10. I did jury Duty. No test. Got called got there didn't get picked for the actual trial jury they sent me home. Smoked before hand.

11. No they don't test. It is definitely a waste of time. i ended up sitting there for half the day just to be sent home.

12. I always check the box that says I'm a convicted felon and mail it back. Never hear from them again until I renew my drivers license. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

13. I have been summoned many times and I never went. There is a lonnnnnng selection process. I have a record, and they obviously did not know that when they mailed the summons. But through the selection process, they would deny me and it would be a waste of time so i never go. I have been told that jury duty is one of the most tedious tasks known to man in the Western World.

14. show up in cargo shorts and flip flops and you'll be dismissed.

15. I'm often lectured about how it's a privilege and my civic duty, or some shit. Like I'm so fuck'n lucky!
    I tell those lecturers they can take my place if it means that much to them. That's the point where they just quit talk'n and walk away with their hands in their pockets.

Fuck jury duty! Until they want to pay me what the lawyers are making on the same case. Why is my time and inconvenience any less important?

16. FUCK jury duty. I recieved a summons for that shit a while back. I had to show up for 3 days of boring fucking nothing, not even being selected as a juror or an alternate, fuck that shit. rofl ive never heard of any jury selection involving drug testing. if and when they call you up for questioning as a juror, just BS something like you're a racist or you'd place a higher burden upon the state to prove guilt.
    i got out of it on a drug case by saying i thought drug laws were shit

17. Lol sounds like i have nothing to worry about! I got a little bit of racism in me and I'll tell them how awesome ganja is and pullup in a "legalize the economy" shirt on with some swim shorts on with eyes redder than mars