Jury Duty

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Leg3nd, Sep 14, 2012.

1. So I'm just here lounging in my chair and thinking about my jury duty next week and this thought comes to my head:

"Why aren't there professional jurors who do this as a job? That way it addss jobs to the economy to stimulate revenue as well as giving people money. ANd everyone thinks that jury duty is a bad day so professional peopple will do it for a living and regular civilians won't get that bitch jury summons."

Please tell me your thoughts and highdeas about my thoughts that I'm having here. I think I'm onto something imo!!

2. Professional jurors? Sounds lame.....it would create jobs but it would bleed money from the taxpayers, it's not like they are producing anything, you already get paid for jury duty.....but I bet you won't even see a case I bet you get dismissed, I've been called 3 times and im only 23, each time I've sat for two hours just to be told all the cases were settled or dismissed.

3. Don't turn down jury duty. Juries have power to find people innocent of stupid laws.

4. trial by a jury of your peers the regular civilians are my peers if some one was paid to do this then it would be less right and wrong by the people and EVEN more government doom and gloom

5. Forced jury duty is unconstitutional and I'll never attend it again, after they wasted my time for three days only to not select me.

My duty? My ass!

There are professional jurors, it's called the Grand Jury.

6. Cool. So these "professional" jurors will be paid the same $5/day that regular citizens are paid for jury service right?

7. I hope you never need a jury :rolleyes:

8. I always wanted to experience jury duty once, it doesn't exist where I live.
    When I was in coart it was just me, my lawyer, 3 judges, and some lame bitch typing everything being told.

9. so verse having other people chosen at random, you want a fixed set of 'employees of the state' to decide guilt...ya, that sounds like it would be perfect for a '1984' type court system...

BAD IDEA.