Jurassic Park is a Satire?!

Discussion in 'General' started by JeraldoRonaldo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. It only makes sense that a book or two and some movies about greedy motherfuckers bringing back dinosaurs from extinction is analog to something modern that we all can relate to: oil companies! They blatantly disrupt a natural cycle, bringing up stuff from within the earth that wasnt meant to be used and now we must suffer the consequences. The dinosaurs are killing us as carbon!

Then, if you watch the science channel, every bad thing that can happen, now has an adjective to go with it. We are fucked. Mega tsunamis, Super Volcanos, Superquakes! Mother earth went super saiyan yo.

Disclaimer: i don't think any of the above is true it's probably all incorrect but it sounded good at the time.

cheers.

2. I think it was more about the dangers of cloning then anything. And do you mean the Discovery channel? What is the Science channel?

Those programs are theoretical and meant to entaertain you with fear.

3. The science channel is... The science channel. If you have the dish network its channel 193.

4. I've never heard of it. But they do have that kind of stuff on Discovery and national geographic

5. sounds more similar in nature to an allegory than a sattire ;)

6. Ladies and gentlemen,

May I present to you, the moral of the story:

If you are going to be bringing dinosaurs up out of the ground, be sure to process them first with an internal combustion engine before releasing them into the environment. This will not only save family and friend, but will also serve to retain a generally stable social environment.

Thank you.