junior9j's aero 60 grow

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by junior9j, Dec 21, 2012.

1. You can use spinosad in flower also. But buy the concentrate and mix it double strength.
    Start by removing any leaves that have spots. If you look on the bottom of them you'll see that's where the mites have been and where they laid the eggs
    Get rid of the next generation before they hatch

2. azamax works too...

3. Thanks to both of you guys we might save this thing after all I'll jump on all three chemicals you guys posted and sounds like some leaf trimming as well it wasn't all of the girls just 3 so far lets hope I spotted this quick enough

4. I know it sounds drastic, but fog your room. Spider mites... fucking spider mites. if your not flowering it will all be ok. I use a product called doktor doom every day for a week. its made from chrysanthimums and the active ingredient is Pyrethrin. the good thing about it is that light causes it to degrade, and you don't have any bad results i.e. no residue. had lots of mites and this gets them every time, gotta be ready for the second hatch tho

5. Thanks for the info but on inspection tonight I couldn't find any still there looks like this stuff has it under control for now but I will look into that stuff as I will with everything else thanks for stopping in and will have another treatment in a few days

6. good to hear, mites suck ass, i use a 100x microscope to inspect my plants and would highly recommend them. it only takes a couple of mites to kick off the infestation again, and the are born pregnant. not to mention the ones that survive the treatment are always resistant to it on the next go. Hope you got them, and one more piece of advise is to determine the source of the mites. if you brought them in once you could do it again

7. Well guys the lights get flipped back on tonight after a 28 hr dark period while they have been in there transition. Nutes for a week already I'll change them out in a few days to flower nutes with a little extra nitrogen to keep em big and strong lol but everything on the mite side of things looks pretty clear thanks for your input everyone

8. I will keep treating everything for the next couple of months need it or not I can't be having this shit

9. Plagued with problems woke up checked everything out to discover empty tanks and burnt up pumps after fixing all of that one of the chillers froze solid and can only use one now but the girls had water still and seem to be ok so now lets try this again on another more the freebie seeds I got sure don't seem to like hydro they are not doing real well but everything else is on point

10. Cut clones 2 days ago we shall see how they do things are getting bigger and I finally installed my heat and air unit although I only use the heat part but keeps it at 75 degrees and I'm happy it was 20 here this morning I'll update with a few pics later tonight

11. A few pics of the latest progress with the spider mites under control I hope they don't come back

ForumRunner_20130114_195438.png

ForumRunner_20130114_195457.png

ForumRunner_20130114_195513.png

ForumRunner_20130114_195527.png

ForumRunner_20130114_195546.png

ForumRunner_20130114_195614.png

12. IM going to build a veg. Room starting tomorrow night in an ebb and flow so that I might be able to move 16 every 2 weeks into flower room for the whole perpetual grow idea with a capacity of 120 plants total what you guys think is it a do able deal

13. #55 Bossdodge187, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    Thats a lot of girls to take care of. I did it at 2 a week and it was all i could handle by myself. The problem is that they need a different mix each week to get the most out of them, so when you get a perpetual harvest going you wind up mixing 8 different batches of nutes each week. plus you gotta cut and trim all the time. if you dont have a job its not too bad, but i found it to be alot more work, and when i pull wrenches for 9 hours a day, the last thing i want to do is mix nutes every day after work, and then cut down 2 plants a day, minimum... i would rather boom and bust. Check out my tent grow, Im doing scrog with a GH rainforest 66. plants are gonna be huge when i flip em, but i only have 6 ladies to worry about, and i only mix nutes once a week or so. My first aero grow, and i can honestly say that hydro is for suckers. P.S. I can hear your babies crying, put an airstone in the bottom of your tray

14. You are correct man ltd allot of mixing and work but as of late I have found my self only doing the grow thing so I got the time to do it and it's way better than busting knuckles for sure I still pay the snap on truck every week

15. That is a clean set up. Grade A

16. Thanks man it's a work in progress IM constantly trying to improve on design and efficiency but thanks for saying so smoke

17. I knew you were a mechanic as soon as i saw your grow. you gotta have skills to make all that machinery work. I must say they yours are looking good. gonna post some new pics of mine today, they are looking very nice as well. love your aero setup, it would be too much work for me, but you make it work well. ever consider fogoponics? ive heard its even faster

18. Thanks man it's alot of work for sure I do mechanic and weld pipe in spare time I would love to try the fog setups they are alot of maintenance from what I can make out of it but would love to do it anyway these aero flow systems are great as long as you keep the water temp low