Jumping To Specific Posts Doesnt Work.

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by SunOfMan, Jun 16, 2013.

1. I'm not sure if this has been posted before, or if it's just my browser acting up, but here goes..

I can't jump to specific posts in threads anymore, whereas I could before the forum update. Specifically, when using the Organic Higher Learning & Resources thread, where certain topics are linked to certain posts in other threads (which threads sometimes contain tens of pages of responses), it goes instead to the first page and first post. The "#postxxxx" at the end of the URL does nothing anymore.

I'm on Arch Linux, using Firefox (version 18.0.1).

Any suggestions?

2. #2 *guest, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    It's an issue of different permalink URLs on the old software versus the new software.

To get around it, remove the "#post" from the URL before the post number and put "?p=" instead. 

3. That works, thank you!

4. I have a gingerbread 3.? Metro phone. How to start a new thread as i don't want to step on anyone's feet. Help Regards. Newby McDumbsht.

Sent from my 5860E using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. While your paying attn. Mr. Jesus. Bein that i am just another dumb fukc; I will assume whoops bad choice of words considering present company. Ana ways thank you and what not for the very educational and most uplifting comment.? I guess that's what you would call it.
    It seems as though you are all ready for judgement day. Few lots of work if you asked me. But lets face it Im not even in your league. Supernatural and all. Thank you just the same. For those kind words. I feel so important now!

6. While your paying attn. Mr. Jesus. Bein that i am just another dumb fukc; I will assume whoops bad choice of words considering present company. Ana ways thank you and what not for the very educational and most uplifting comment.? I guess that's what you would call it.
    It seems as though you are all ready for judgement day. Few lots of work if you asked me. But lets face it Im not even in your league. Supernatural and all. Thank you just the same. For those kind words. I feel so important now!