Jump Roping?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by kingspadebud420, May 31, 2009.

1. I'm thinking about getting a jump rope to work out with. People say that shits for girls but i've also been told its also good for cardio and losing some fat. I'm not fat but i got belly fat that i need to lose and basically get more muscle. I'm just wondering if jump roping almost everyday for a good 10-20 minutes and then after maybe more like 20-30, will help me get into a little better shape. Not saying its going to help me with everything but im also hitting my punching bag for a good 15-20 minutes too.

Any advice or if this will work or not?

2. Yes, it will. Jumprope is a really good form of cardiovascular exercise. It also helps you out with your agility, balance, and hand/eye coordination. I say go for it.

3. Thanks!, hopefully i'll get one soon.

4. If you can skip for 10-20 minutes and punch your bag for 15-20 too, you're not skipping fast enough or hitting hard enough.

5. It's a skipping rope.

Makes me laugh when people refer to it as something else, to ' man it up a little'. lol.

6. I never have heard the term skipping rope in my life, but it is good cardio.