Ju1ce Box Rosin press

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jonathanc10, May 25, 2018.

1. I hear the Rosintech presses are crap and way overpriced..I will say the Dulytech is built like a brick shithouse..
    I was going to bulid up a shop 20 ton press job, but Nevada has crummy climate in both summers and winters for pressing in the garage without heat or AC..

Getting ready to make some bubble tonight..getting to warm outside to chill 5 gallons of RO water outdoors..LOL
    Edibles Boring? Not mine..I use this..The Levo Extractor says 3 hrs at 170d..I use 3x of their pods for 5 hrs or more..Puts me to sleep fast!:) I use 1/2 ounce buds to 5 ounces of butter..(no lecithin needed with the Levo and it doesn't chop weed like the Magical Butter machine)

I still can't believe we use thousands of $$ of Weed making bubble and edibles..back in the day..I would have had a stroke..LMAO
    My Edibles (some of them..LOL)
    levo.JPG loaf.JPG cookies and creme.JPG cookies1.JPG

2. My second press yields are a bit less than 1st press..Most only press 1st for 10-15 seconds to get "better" taste..I go for 60 seconds each time..Color is a little bit darker..If I weren't paranoid about being followed home, I would give away the chips (many use them for butter) to the homeless..Nevada says we can't sell, but can give it away..I am old school and trust no one..EVERYTHING is strain dependent.

3. Your knowledge and experience make me wish I had someone like you around to learn from lol. I've said to myself multiple times already "this guy is so informative for everything I'm interested and inquiring about." Those edibles look great, especially the Canna Loaf :D

4. #24 Buzzer777, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Thank you..I learned by reading and getting good advice..Those loafs and cookies are easy..Thanks to Betty Crocker!! LOL
    I gained 25lbs last year..:( Could look like this soon..LMAO

fat.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Hey if Im gonna be fat I'd rather it be through cannabis than not lol. I'll be interested in that loaf recipe sometime soon I believe. Im a berry freak!

6. Hahahah..RECIPE= ADD WATER..THAT'S IT! (I used Canna oil instead of water!)
    Betty Crocker® Triple Berry Muffin Mix 6.5 oz

• Like Like x 1
  7. Some things can be so simple like that specific recipe lol. Wonder if you could substitute budder in replace of oil in that?

8. Just pressed my larf last week

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Looks good! What strain/press did you use?

10. Chemdawg by Humboldt and it's a press I made myself. A 10 ton with 4x4 plates. I pressed that at 220f for 3 min the bud was at 62% humidity. 250 is too high in my opinion. I'm even going to drop down to 210-200 next time.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looks good man. 250 is a little high, but this was more or less my way of finding out if I want to pursue Rosin further

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMG_20180606_032338.jpg IMG_20180606_032231.jpg
    My best yet. ALL the same dream Queen bud only just stored differently and for slightly longer press times

• Like Like x 2
  13. #33 Buzzer777, Jun 6, 2018
    beautiful..what temps, what storage?

• Like Like x 1
  14. left to right with no set time just different squish times and how slowly I applied pressure. For a unit with no temperature control set at 250 this is some of the best finished material I've seen. All with my little Ju1cebox :D haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. I needed to press a little for a friend and this time it buddered up..same temps, times, strain, etc..odd.
    I put my parchment paper with the squish under the ice cream in the freezer before collecting it..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. YO
    @Joe_Dirt23
    .Larf never looked so good!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. #37 A guy, Jun 6, 2018
    I wonder if the designers of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA label were aware of rosin pressing when they came up with this?
    deschutes_fresh_squeeze.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Funny thing back in the day..we had weed (decent and BAD) and occasionally hash..I never knew about "concentrates" until a few yrs ago..never even had a thought about extraction..In fact, I never even knew how hash was made then..LOL

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ya back in the day I didn't know what made cannabis tick. We had great weed, as well as schwag, and I knew that the "crystals" were a sign that it was good...I also thought the red "hairs" were super important. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hahahahah..I also thought red hairs were good, but had no idea why..

• Like Like x 1