Ju1ce Box Rosin press

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jonathanc10, May 25, 2018.

1. I'm pretty sold on buying one of these things regardless, however does anyone have any experience with one? They're relatively new and have hardly any consumer reviews or additional information about it. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. This looks like a solid product but for a very niche market I think. I mean it being ultra portable is a cool thing but if you actually wanted to press more than just a nug or a small amount of hash you'd be hurting and I wonder how it would hold up?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anybody at all with any review?? I understand this is still relatively new but I'm struggling finding anything still. If it works at least half as good as the couple videos I've seen it'll be enough for what I'll be using it for I think

4. Well it's ordered, should be here Thursday so I suppose I'll go ahead and post my review then since I can't seem to find ANYONE with experience lol. Tossing up the idea currently of running into town and picking up a sift box to try kief pucks compared to flower etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IMG_20180531_123958.jpg

Mr. Postman just dropped this off. Report back with results

• Like Like x 1
  6. Went much better than expected, gonna keep tinkering to see what I really like but my trial run went very smoothly today. Pressed a total of 4.5 grams flower- Dream Queen, blueberry cobbler and lemon tree. Flavor came out really nice, a little dark in color but terp City and for that I'm grateful. Collected .71 in all, definitely gonna run with this whole rosin thing and see what happens! IMG_20180531_164039.jpg IMG_20180531_164915.jpg IMG_20180531_175931.jpg IMG_20180531_205126.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gonna keep posting til someone replies cause I know that's impressive lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Damn not bad, I am impressed. Does it provide ample squish? What are the temp ranges?

Do some hash next, that shit will be dripping!

Nice pics my man! Good on you for coming through with the review, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice..I always thought that was a bit pricey for a handheld press, but it seems to do a nice job for you..
    Can you set the temperature?
    Just a thought..I think you will have even better results if you remove the little twigs and only press flower etc..I bought a Dulytech manual press a few weeks back and love it..(was $375 and as soon as I got mine..it went up by $65!)..I got mine on Ebay and posted an honest positive review..The seller sent me a $16 dollar dab tool kit and some other accessories for free ..shipped too..:)

The electronics and 3x5 plates make pressing an eighth easy (I use a pollen press to make a puk).
    Dulytek™ DM1005 Manual Heat Press for Rosin Oil Extraction

Rosin is great but will make a mess out of your banger (especially quartz). Been pressing at 215d F for 60 seconds and then a second run for the same time etc..results are about 18%+ yield on my pretty resin laden home grown. Just pressed out some Creme Mandarine..taste was just like a Mandarin Orange:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Squish will give you a workout after 20 lol and set temp at 250, no controller. The company designed it right though. It works better than expected and I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in Rosin more than using a hair straightener but doesn't or can't spend $ on a bigger or stronger press. Just stay tuned and I'll keep posting. It only takes a couple minutes start to finish, not complicated super user friendly.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Just an FYI..250 is a bit warm imo and will burn off some terps..I found that 205-220 seems to be good here (of course, yield does go up at higher temps, but I don't need yield happy to say. depending on material..some strains just press better than others)..As for Hash..I do NOT press my bubble..I love the old time taste of smoking hash:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I did too about the price, but I honestly haven't had the time lately to make my own via harbor freight so I ordered this with a $25 off coupon code. Set temp at 250, very beginner friendly. Lol I feel like you're my Rosin OG. My banger is insanely dirty and I didn't know why but now I do. I'm familiar with the Dulytek unit, that sounds awesome! Mind posting a picture or two next squish? I'd love to chat further about this stuff, I'm just a guy on the east coast squishing dry weed wanting to dig deeper into rosin like yourself. The Mandarin sounds delicious by the way lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. I think so too, and probably is robbing me of some absolutely. However the yields, user friendliness and taste is still there enough as a whole to make an enthusiastic like myself to dig deeper. This was more or less my test kit to determine whether or not I include Rosin pressing into my arsenal/resume, skipping blasting bho at my home or any other way lol solventless FTW!. Just woke up one day after a little reading and said screw it let's try this out lol. What's the yield like on 2nd press? IMG_20180603_233551.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. If your weed is moist (like Boveda 62's) the rosin yield/press will,be much better. I will be pressing in about a week again and will take a shot or 2(still have a few grams left)..next press will be Pineapple Express#2..should be fruity again..LOL

Check out this simple DIY press..I used 1/2" PVC Coupler and 2 nickles + ma nut driver to push with..Works perfectly.(50 cents or so..nickles not included..LOL)) The little shelf inside holds the nickles perfectly..

Puck Press.jpg

15. #16 jonathanc10, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    I'm probably gonna try them out to see the difference. Ok awesome man that sounds so good, P E has been my favorite tasting bud since I tried it in 2011 cant wait to see it! I have a small pollen press that'd work great but I figured more plant matter would result. I'll try tomorrow though and see what it does

• Like Like x 1
  16. PE#2 is the same but funkier! If you get plant matter..try a triangular tea bag..:)
    In the mean time..you can re-hydrate weed using a piece of lettuce or orange peel etc..works fantastic abd pressing is way better too. if you grow..all the better!!:)

17. Sounds delicious! Since this ju1cebox press is small I'm just pre-pressing my bud before squish and pull out a very small amount of plant matter, takes 30 seconds or less usually per squish. Gonna snip any extra exposed stem like you mentioned and I'll experiment with adding some moisture to see end yield differences. One of my clients recently brought over a forbidden fruit brass knuckles cartridge and it's one of the few strains I've tasted that's similar in fruity funky taste/aroma. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I pre-press and then drop my press carefully on the puk (lightly) for about 10 seconds, before the actual press...that seems to release the good stuff and all has been simply great with the new press (had a tiny electro-hydrolic that I hated..too small and too noisy so I sold it.)

A nice touch of the Dulytech is the built in timer..Used to use Siri, but that was a PIA.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Im pretty much using the same technique as you, found it to work best so far. My next press will either be the Dulytek or the cheapest RosinTech press theyre both around 400. I just got this thing less than a week though and I'm already wanted to up the production scale cause I'm having so much fun with it. Made another batch of budder last night, this run was 28g Trainwreck 20g Lemon tree all nug into 1 3/4 lb. butter(7 sticks). Was using significantly lower quality flower for my previous batches made so I have a feeling this one will be a lot stronger lol. Any ideas? Edibles get boring after awhile :D