Journey Pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dogsleeve, Apr 11, 2011.

Certainly doesn't beat a nice glass pipe. 

Metal pipes taste like shit.

2. this pipe looks to be about the same as a foil/pen set up. junk.

i've never had a glass pipe break in my pocket.

3. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't get on here and critique something you've never used. I've been smoking for 45 years. I think that's long enough to have an accurate opinion. I have nothing against a good, glass bong. Maybe you've never had a glass pipe break in your pocket because you've never done real work. I have had several pipes and vials break in my pockets while building a deck or placing concrete. These can be cleaned to original condition in about 60 seconds, no tar build up or bacteria. Do you use metal screens? Forget it turdhole, grab your Obama phone and call somebody who gives a shit.

No tar build up? What a load of shit that is, that's impossible.

Sure, it's good if you're not the most careful person with pipes, or just wan't a travel piece, but it's certainly not better
    than a glass pipe.

And who uses metal screen anymore? Glass screens are where it's at.

5. It doesn't allow tar build up because it can be disassembled completely and cleaned. If someone could build a glass pipe with this same design, I would be the first to buy it but, for right now, this is the only pipe available with the ability to be completely disassembled and cleaned back to factory condition. Glass pipes are built for taste and beauty. I would like to see someone create some glass pipes with the ability to clean and a compact case. What Journey has done is design a convenient and protected smoking system, now, someone needs to take it to the next level with glass. This pipe can be completely cleaned. This is not a load of shit. I objected to what you said because, apparently you haven't looked at the design. This is an example of someone prejudging something without bothering to investigate what they're talking about. This is the definition of PREJUDICE!

6. a glass pipe cant be cleaned? get out of here...

we got a Chewlies Gum representative here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHqYddtmNU

7. You said there was no tar build up, not that it was able to be cleaned..... :huh:

Toss glass pipe in bag, add a little Isopropyl, a dash of salt, now shake. 
    You now have a clean pipe....

8. #148 slim9871, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    You guys still dont get it...  Open your eyes.

The Journey pipe (and even moreso the Journey 2) is absolutely amazing and certainly the most unique, dare I say revolutionary design in a long, long time.  Its quite simply the perfect pipe.

You can disassemble the pipe and clean in it to BRAND NEW condition in literally 15 seconds. With no smell/taste whatsoever and not a single molecule of ash.  

When you use isopropyl and a bag to clean your glass piece, that takes alot more time, and we can all honestly say it doesnt always clean out every last bit of ash and certainly doesnt always eliminate odors/taste.  Usually there are parts of a glass pipe that cannot be reached by any cleaning instrument and never get truly 'factory' clean.  When you take a hit, there is usually still some residual ash taste...admit it.    PLUS, how often do you use the isopropyl?  After like a few weeks of use...or more.  So that whole time youre smoking ash-flavored bud, even though youre supposedly using glass 'for the flavor.'  And if youre talking about bubblers, then dont even get me started with the dirty water taste.   With the Journey you have a 100% clean piece for every bowl, which is really how you taste the flavor (and the metal does NOT affect the flavor). The smoke is cool, there's no screen to get clogged up with resin, yet even without a screen you NEVER get a piece of ash in the mouth...EVER.  Glass screens let tons of stuff through...as do most regular glass pipes.

This is not to mention the physical beauty of the design.  Its ingenious in its simplicity.  And the Royal Gold is just by far the most baller herb smoking device ever made (Video Review).   Its pure class.

I've been looking for a pipe like the journey forever. I always imagined a perfectly designed pipe, and someone finally made it.

9. Love my Journey2 but I'm having a problem with the case. I like the case. It organizes my travel hits wonderfully and I can pull it out of my pocket without anyone thinking anything of it. It's about the same size as a cell phone and no one ask any questions. Now the problem: The hinge sucks. My first case lasted about 2 months before breaking. Come on, a plastic hinge pin, really???
    How about a metal hinge pin and, by the way, couldn't they make the case open completely so it lays open flat on a surface instead of the clamshell configuration that rocks, rolls and is generally unstable?
    I've carried cheap little calculators, in the field, for 30 years and have never had a hinge fail. They have a plastic case with metal hinge pins. I've emailed suggestions but have had no response.
    Like I said, I loooooooooooove this pipe but as a system, the case could be improved.
    I've also noticed when the pipe is in the case, the smell is contained nicely. Since I like to take a stealth hit and put pipe back in case with unburned product. I use Gibson guitar polish to clean and wax the case occasionally to control the smell inside the case. A great smoking system. I would like to get some suggestions to the makers but no luck YET!!

10. The pipe is great but, as a smoking system, it's a failure. I've had mine a month and a half and the pipe is okay, so far, but the case is crap. A plastic hinge pin, really? I have heard some say the finish, on the bowl, doesn't last long but it's been no problem YET. I've request parts from their site but it seems the only time they hear me is when I'm sending them money ordering something. I am not impressed with their "so called" customer support. I tried to take the customer survey but was told that I didn't have access to that part of the site. Why wouldn't a paying customer have access to the customer survey link. I think I know and I would, presently, not advise buying this pipe at this time.
    Too bad, I love the pipe but customer support is important to me and so far I haven't seen any.
    For years I've been on this quest for the perfect pipe. For a long time I was convinced it would be a water pipe of some kind, but eventually I came to feel that my perfect go-to pipe should be a dry pipe. I took a short detour to try out vaporizing, and that satisfied me for a couple months, but then I began to crave the more full-bodied high you can only get from smoking. And I wanted the perfect toking tool to help me get there.

Before you say, "glass spoon," let me specify that I don't like glass spoons. Unlike the rest of the known universe, I find them harsh to smoke and unpleasant to use, load, and clean. Plus they break. So, no thanks on the glass spoon. There's no accounting for taste, right?

These were my requirements:
    * No screen (or built-in screen)
    * Easy to clean
    * Durable
    * Not glass
    * Smoke cooling would be nice but it's not required
    * It would be nice if it had a lid

During my quest, I found and purchased several pipes, but they all had one flaw or another that was a deal breaker to me. I am psychotically perfectionist. The closest contender was the Model 419, an excellent pipe, but I thought the bowl was too small, among other quibbles.

Finally, reluctantly, I made a decision that casting about for the "perfect" pipe, an ideal which does not exist, was not a valuable use of my time (and money), and settled on Frankenpipe, my old cheap metal pipe, to be my piece. He meets almost none of the requirements, but what can I say? He's reasonably tolerable to smoke, and I've had him since 1998. He's been a good friend.

Literally the next day after cancelling my search for the perfect pipe, I became aware of the Journey Pipe. Life is funny sometimes.

The Journey Pipe immediately became my permanent go-to pipe. It is, for me, the perfect pipe. And it was only fifty bucks shipped.

You can buy the pipe at Grasscity.com here

Please ask questions about the Journey Pipe if you have them. I'll be more than happy to answer them as best I can.
    [/quote]

11. happy for a fellow blade who enjoys his journey pipe.. if it brings you and your spouse happiness truly happy for both of yinz -

my two cents:

not too big of a fan. the metal seems to always give off a harsh(not exactly but like a metal-ly) taste. Personally glass can't be beat with anything metal.  And the size is small and discreet but to be honest why not invest a couple more bucks and get yourself a magic flight? i know i'm comparing apples to oranges but most of your criteria, i think could be answered with the magic flight.

12. I have had 100% the opposite opinion of customer support.

I have had 3 cases and 3 pipes lose finish inside the bowl. All were replaced as no charge.

I had 2 nickel that had the finish come off. The next the time they gave me a smokey Mirror which also had the same result. The last time they sent me a brand new smokey Murrow AND the 24c gold one for free as well.

Try opening a ticket online off the website. Works for me every time.

13. I'm thinking of buying one, but am not yet convinced. I just hate to buy something that ends up in the back of my box.

What I like is that there is

- no screen involved
    - can be wiped clean very fast (I hate the taste of ash residue)
    - holds like 0.1-0.2 gram (which is more than enough to get me nicely buzzed and it's still a snapper)
    - small
    - no ash in your mouth

As for taste: I still have to find a piece that is smooth enough and does not involve water. Right now I have a little glass pipe (3 inch) and a small quartz cigarette bat (+ a chillum/one hitter that I rarely use). So it only can get better from here I suppose. 

Regarding the MFLB: I already mentioned it in other treads, but the lower temperature does not denature the allergen, and thus causes a serious allergy reaction in my throat, a bit like asthma.
    Since smoking is harmful in the long run, I admit that smoking a pipe is not a real solution (edibles consume too much herb)

14. Since my last purchase I'm gonna try to avoid buying from GC ever again. Forum rocks though.