Journey Pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dogsleeve, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Awesome! Glad it worked out.

I can tell you that the finish seems to stay pretty clear of dings and scratches.

Also, while wiping it with a tissue out does remove 99% of the crud, that 1% that's left will build up over time. Every so often you'll want to clean it out a little more thoroughly. I use a cotton ball and isopropyl alcohol, works great.

2. Kinda bummed their website doesn't do orders right now.... Don't really wanna drop an extra $20 @ wick for no reason, they are hella overpriced...

3. #23 DuaneAllman, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Bumping this thread!

I ordered my Journey Pipe yesterday off GC, it should be here Tuesday or so... I'm super excited! I'll definitely post some feedback on how I like mine.. because If I like it half as much as I think I will, I should be picking up a few more as birthday/christmas presents for my friends and family!

The plastic carrying case was a huge turn on for me too... to be able to put the pipe, a lighter, and a stash of bud all in one small, pocket size case, was just "IT." I had to buy one!

Also -- directing this towards user TinkerBud -- the journeypipe website actually recommends you use the lid as a bowl stirrer! Awesome right!? Here is a picture of that on their website for yah:

http://www.journeypipe.com/index.ph...=alphacontent&Itemid=218&lang=en&limitstart=2

4. Journey Pipe looks pretty cool. Subtle is the new cool I guess.

5. In which case I will NEVER be cool..........subtlety is not really a personality trait of mine. :eek: lol

Just thought I'd pop in and say I still really love my journey pipe. It's been my daily toking tool since I got it last week, and it's just awesome. It's the ease of cleaning that has me hooked. It's. so. freaking. easy. And Duane--thanks for the link. I can't believe I missed that pic when I was shopping. You are going to love this little gem. I can't wait for you to get it.

dogsleeve--updating to say that the finish on this pipe WILL show dents and dings, but not too badly. The day after I got it, I dropped the pipe--freshly loaded, of course--on the concrete patio in the back yard. Got a couple of small dings, but nothing major. I was more upset about losing the contents than anything else! :)

:wave:

6. Ahhhhhhhh Tinker, the way you keep talking about the pipe makes me not want to wait until next week D:

7. I'd hate for you to think that it's perfect, but it's damn close. The one or two small things I dislike are so outweighed by the positives that they really don't count, and it's a great working piece. I'll be watching for your report, I really hope you like it. ;)

8. Well, I'm not 'kid in a candy store' fantasizing about the pipe in any way... I'm more super excited about the fact that my idiot friends cant break it, and the fact that it's portable and easy to use/clean. This'll be my first 'easy bowl,' so to speak.

But I will definitely write a few words about it, and maybe even make a little video on mah iPhone to upload onto YouTube highlighting all of the features (and some flaws) that their website lists, and that I find suiting. We'll see!

Have a good night everyone!

9. ive been looking for a nice easy cleanable pipe!

ive just ordered one of these and i too hope i like it as much as you

cheers dogsleeve

ps.cant believe how easy this thing appears to clean!!:eek:

10. got mine this morning next day delivery.........unbeievably good. worth the money , will last a lifetime,.. and can be cleaned to brand new state in 60 seconds....you couldnt break it if you tried...truly a great find

11. SO! I got my journey pipe and I'm definitely excited! Just broke 'er in, and... well, this is the best bowl/pipe I've EVER OWNED.

This pipe is the easiest to use, the easiest to clean, indestructible, and easy to carry/store.

If you're hesitating on picking one of these up, DON'T! The craftsmanship and engineering is top notch. The magnet design is genius. Doesn't get hot to the touch, and you breathe in cool smoke so you never get a rough hit. I found my permanent bowl. I'll still be using a metal bowl when I'm 80 I assume.

I've included some pictures of the pipe+case. The lighter and pipe DO NOT move around while the case is closed thanks to the padding inside.

And no, I'm not obsessed....... just extremely happy that I can smoke on the go so easily.

I've included some pictures of the pipe+case. The lighter and pipe DO NOT move around while the case is closed thanks to the padding inside, enjoy!:

case+pipe- http://i.imgur.com/0Xq8J.jpg
    case+pipe together- http://i.imgur.com/NBpMp.jpg
    case outside- http://i.imgur.com/0Jzr9.jpg

I think I might make a video and post it here for anyone that is unsure about this pipe

12. it really is hard to express just how good it is isn't it. you hit the nail on the head about the craftsmanship being top notch, the thing is like a work of art....................................i must have had thirty bowls out of mine so far and i just love how it cleans SO easily.......its gunna be like owning a brand new pipe forever cos it just restores to 100% new after each smoke. my bro said what in the world makes a pipe worth thirty pound...i just said trust me, trust me its worth it!

13. Yeah, it's definitely a LIFETIME piece. It restores to new 100% when you clean it. I'll be picking up a few for birthday/christmas presents :). It's absolutely perfect.

14. sounds like i need to get one...

15. you absolutely do :D I'm all about consistency and I'm pretty OCD about getting what I want (not to sound like a bitch or a tool, I can accept something I don't like easily), and this pipe is exactly what I needed.

16. lolol.........by lloks of it we got the same grinder(grassleaf pollinator) and same pipe(journey).....................great minds.........lol

17. Agreed :)

I got mine at a local shop, because it was so cheap ($15USD)... but I've seen REALLY nice 4 chambers on Amazon for like 10 bucks... I may have to go with one of them soon haha

The Journey Pipe is a lifetime piece for me imo, the portability, durability, and ease of use and ease of cleaning gets you ADDICTED.

18. spacecases are supposed to be THE best grinder/pollinator but quite pricey! grassleaf does a great job for the price imo although it could grind a bit better definitely.

19. Yeah, I mean, I want a REALLY really good one. My friend's grinder he got in NYC grinds into almost powder in two seconds. its nuts