Journey of The Creative Boom Operator

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IamODESE, May 27, 2010.

1. Okay let's start off with this, I have:

-AA in Pre-Nursing
    -First Aid Training
    -EKG Certification

Those are my academic stats so far. Other than that, I write scripts/stories, make art, and web design. Oh and I'm also a Cannabis cook, I (sometimes) charge people to TAKE their weed and make edibles out of it.

Right now I don't have a job. Nobody's hiring. I'm sure you know how it is. I'd deliver for Dominos just because their pizza is so damn good now, but delivery guys get paid shit.

The closest thing I have is a spot on an independent film crew. I'm technically just the Boom Op but I also do other stuff (see paragraph above). It's a pretty chill job, we don't really have a boss so it's a lot more freedom. We don't get paid as much as we should cause our main guy isn't very aggressive like that.

The problem is our main guy who owns all the equipment and gets all our gigs got in a serious relationship with a professional girlfriend (if you know what I'm sayin). Plus he moved to the city and he always has us come to him, so fuck him. So now that he's mainly out of the picture, we got no work. He calls up to do a gig every now and then but it just usually flakes out.

Now me and the rest of the crew start doing our own thing, with me as the unwilling leader (think Ultra Magnus from transformers). I got tons of scripts. Right now we're doing a prototype short film that I wrote as a just in case I die kind of thing. We're only using a ghetto camcorder though so the video and audio quality will probably blow chunks.

We found a new lead person who has better tech than our old guy...But she's my ex. My ex who chased me with a car and did all kinds of crazy shit.

So I guess the question is...Am I desperate enough to collaborate with her or can I get not lazy enough to be the big dawg?

Either way, I got enough money to last me for around 2 years. Hopefully the world implodes or something by then cause I'm kind of banking on that.

We live around Seattle so if anyone's a classy person who knows wtf they're doing, isn't afraid to make decisions, always down for some Buddha, and could use a pair of reasonably intelligent boom op/writer/artist/cannabis cook and a gaffer/editor, PM me.