Journalist Sues Obama Over Indefinite Detention Law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 17, 2012.

1. As if Hedges hasnt earned my respect already. Good for him lol. Wonder how it turns out.

2. The thing is with NDAA, is that if an American citizen was to actually be detained without court, and was later let go or released, that person could file a court case, and get it to the Supreme Court. With that being said, the Supreme Court can file NDAA as unconstitutional and it would not be a law anymore.

NDAA is something that could be over turned easily in the Judicial Branch if an American citizen is affected by it. It's the main reason why the Gov is so picky with it.

That being said, hope the journalist wins

3. Props to that guy.

4. ya...because it had nothing to do with 536 other people....

me thinks some people just don't get it...

it isn't just one person fucking up the world....not even the USA...

I for one welcome the destruction of the world via the greed and corruption of DC's masters and lords.

GO DC!

5. Yes, but when one man has the authority to veto a bill like this and he doesn't, then he gets a little bit more of the blame for not doing the right thing. Especially when everything he campaigned on would lead us to believe he'd never sign something like this.

6. Yeah this isn't batman.

Trying one man is easier than 500.

7. but the other 536 people can override his veto with their overwhelming approval.

blame all 537 people, not just the white houses 'puppet in power'

8. Haha oh you can bet I blame each and every one of the slimy bastards in Congress that crafted and voted for this bill. I'm just saying with more power (The Presidency) comes more responsibility to uphold the Constitution, and thusly more blame when you fuck up.