Journal: first DWC grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MessaJess, Oct 13, 2017.

1. #1 MessaJess, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    I had a journal going but my phone took a dump and I lost everything so I'm starting closer to the end of my journey. I'm in the middle of week flower 3 random seeds (supposedly strawberry diesl)and the other is a afgan/atf seed I got from my last soil grow.I have to say I'm pretty darn excited for this! This is my first hydro attempt using 1/2 strenght general hydroponics nutes. With some cal mag and a couple advanced nutrients products. I have a 400 watt HPS and about 260 actual watts of LED. I completely change out the water every 2 weeks. So far I haven't had any issues besides temp in the summer. The agfan/atf is In the back right.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Forgot to mention a few things, I started them in rockwool with a ml. Of piranah, set them up in 5 gal. buckets in some clay pellets and vegged for 5 weeks. Looking back now maybe I should have done 4 weeks considering how packed it is in there. I topped them a few times and cleaned up the bottoms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. The one in the back on the left is all sorts of hairy[​IMG]

4. First time? You're hitting it out of the park! Nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, first time doing hydro yepp!I did a lot of research before started. I don't have the best of the best of anything haha but it seems to be doing the trick! It's crazy to see the difference between soil and dwc.

6. Buds are looking pretty nice! Tomorrow is the start of week 4, so I'm planning for another 5 weeks tops but we'll see when we get to that point. I gave them about a half gallon each yesterday just to get them by til tomorrow, when I give them their feeding. They all seem to be doing really well, I did notice however that some of the tips are curling down a little and have a lighter color to them. I'm assuming it's nutrient related? Hopefully not to big of a deal I'll probably just ignore it unless it gets worse.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Day 55 flower and man are they looking good! Bout 4 more weeks to go![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Juicy J