Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joints too harsh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pradaotf, Nov 19, 2016.

1. So I went round to my friends house about a week ago and he rolled a joint each for us. When I smoked the joint he rolled I noticed that it was strangely unharsh on my throat unlike when I smoke my joints.

I found this odd as every time I come to about the last quarter of my joints, I can barely smoke it because of how harsh it is. Does anyone know why my friends joints were awesome to smoke and mine aren't?

Now as I've only been smoking for under a year, I smoke pre rolled cones as i'm still mastering the art of rolling. Raw cones to be exact. I also noticed that my friends joints had a considerable less amount of weed in them. I don't know if that has something to do with it. He was also using white papers whereas as I said, I use Raw cones.

I find this kind of annoying because every time I inhaled my friends joint it felt like I was breathing in an angels fart. I wan't to experience that every time I smoke.

Feel free to ask any questions, thanks!

2. Did you use the same weed?

3. I personally have found that the "harshness" of the smoke im smoking DIRECTLY relates to BOTH the quality AND quantity................I can smoke a nicely rolled joint for myself....or a nice blunt for me and my friends.......of good high quality stuff and be just fine....I can also smoke a nicely rolled joint for myself or a nice blunt for me and my friends and it be HARSH as harsh can be.......................

But with anything....I can try a nice blunt for MYSELF of high grade.....and IT DOES get "harsh" at the end....but damn...I personally don't need an entire blunt to the head.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nope, it wasn't the same weed.

5. The weed is probably mostly what made it harsh then

• Like Like x 2
  6. My first post was a round about way of saying simply this...........IMO

• Like Like x 1
  7. It was good weed. Excellent weed. As for me I always get top quality kush, so It's nothing to do with the weed.

8. ok, didn't actually read ur post lol just read ops and responded

9. zig zag rice paper is smoother than raw cones. Perhaps you were smoking the filter?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weed that gets you really high can be harsh...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Really? I never knew that. Is there anyway to tone down the harshness?

12. The only way I HAVE FOUND..........and me "trying to find a better way" has only been going on for about 3 months now....but the drying/curing process makes or breaks it for me..............SO IT SEEMS.....can be HIGH AS HELL in THC content....getting you HIGH but CAN ALSO be HARSH to smoke..........from my experience

13. OH I KNOW BRO...................no worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just simply stating thats what I was basically saying....lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well the cause of the harshness could be that the grower didn't flush out the nutrients enough and it could also be that the weed (like kronikk said) wasn't cured well and it could be too dry. If it regains some moisture that might help a bit. Now be careful when you do this because you don't want mold but if you were to leave something like an orange peel with just the weed you want to smoke for a day or two in an airtight container that should raise the humidity. Just don't leave it for too long. Keeping weed in an airtight jar somewhere cool and dark with the right humidity should help minimize harshness in the future.

15. This. Is it possible you were smoking the crutch aka filter at the end?

16. Even with the driest weed, I simply wet down a tiny ball of toilet paper (approximately the size of your pinky nail) and leave it in a container with my weed overnight, so like 8 hours.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Could be a crappy cure on the weed or in the case of pre-rolled as you stated it could be just nasty stale shake. Either way you should just get a pack of tobacco and some papers and practice, practice, practice. It makes perfect! Then you should take that nasty ass tobacco and throw it in the trash bin. Buy your own buds and roll your own.

• Like Like x 1