Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joints keep going out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by McNasty18, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hey grasscity, a group of friends and iwere discussing yesterday and today about a joint epidemic. For some reason all of are joints keep going out and won't stay lit. Now before you say it's because its how there rolled, I have to correct you by saying its not the roller. All six of us have been rolling joints and blunts for years now and not rolling a bad joint everytime for the past four days. Blunts are staying lit, but are burning strangely also. We were wondering if the moisture in the air would have anything to do with our joint epidemic. Did any of you ever experience this? We have had record rainfall this year and lately have found it incredibly hard to smoke a joint. We have tried other papers,weeds, and places all turning up negative.

2. Do you smoke inside or outside? If this only happens outside you should try smoking indoors instead or maybe in a car.

3. Inside,outside,car

4. Watch out for any sources of wind such as fans, going outside, etc. What I found out was that after I started using a grinder to break up my bud, my joints would stay lit. Uneven and weed that was terribly broken up will cause you some trouble.

5. what papers are you using?

6. Do you roast it or puff on it a little when you light it?

7. how old are the papers...maybe there stale....pick up a new pack

8. Rolled too tight?
    Rolled too loose?
    Wet weed?
    Outside?

:smoking:

9. yeah poker2...i'd guess rolled too tight or weed too moist or not adequately ground
    or maybe you're just getting sooo baked that you are nodding off between hits and your joint goes out

10. I would go with wet weed. It causes both of those symptoms

11. Puff it like a cigar

12. less talk more smoke. works everytime.

13. OP did you figure it out?
    :smoke:

14. Weed is cured very well, not wet, neither are the papers. We have used four varieties of papers I use zig zag ultra thins 1 1/4, my buddy uses RAWS, other Bambui, lastly Elements. Weed is always ground up with a grinder(nothing worse then chunky weed IMO) no sources of drafts. I usually am a puffer sometimes I'm a puller depends on the situation. It's not that were chilling on it having some conversation. This also happened during the spring for a day or two when we got slammed with rain and there was a lot of moisture. Again there is no way it is wet weed since I opened up my vault of buds, pulled some dank kush out that has been in there for almost 3 months and that won't stay lit. Any glass blows down fine its just with papers.

15. lets get some real answers in here.

Papers suck waste of weed and burn too fast regardless of length and "brand" all tests have been done.

it's either Shit rolled, wet weed. waiting to long to hit , lit wrong, humidity is high where you are smoking. to much wind. there are your symptoms. oh yeah and if you suck ass at breaking weed then, gg..

and for the breaking bud up portion. experience comes with the know what weed needs how much grinding or finger motions for breakage.

16. I'm not sure if you read the above,but I've been rolling joints for over 4 years now and I don't roll bad joints. I do get some now and then, but I'm only human, we even took the human element out of it and used a rolling machine. I never knew there was a wrong way to light a joint in the first place?(You would have to be a moron) The weed is not wet we used 6 different strains 2 of which are so dried they crumble almost instantly. There is no wind. I don't suck ass at breaking weed since I use a grinder. I've been a pot smoker for five years I got the basics down. I've rolled cross joints, dutch tulips, even a half ounce joint. Humidity maybe?
    Papers are the best!

17. [quote name='"McNasty18"']I'm not sure if you read the above,but I've been rolling joints for over 4 years now and I don't roll bad joints. I do get some now and then, but I'm only human, we even took the human element out of it and used a rolling machine. I never knew there was a wrong way to light a joint in the first place?(You would have to be a moron) The weed is not wet we used 6 different strains 2 of which are so dried they crumble almost instantly. There is no wind. I don't suck ass at breaking weed since I use a grinder. I've been a pot smoker for five years I got the basics down. I've rolled cross joints, dutch tulips, even a half ounce joint. Humidity maybe?
    Papers are the best![/quote]

>half ounce joint
    Pics or it didnt happen.

18. The bud may not be broken up fine enough or the bud may be moist.

19. Bad weed?
    :smoke:

20. I'll make sure the next time I roll one to get a picture its a task that takes a lot of time. I also wouldnt waste my time atm since the joints keep going out maybe if someone could give me some decent info and not be a prick it would be happen. You try licking 15 to 16 papers together.