Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joints and L's suck

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by j420j420, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I don't know about u guys but to me it seems tht whenever I smoke a bowl I get way higher than when I'm smoking an L or a j. So I don't understand why people hate on bowls so much and think the Js and Ls are better.

2. That's your opinion, my opinion is you should learn to roll better blunts..

3. Glass vs Paper gives me different highs. Neither is really better than the other. Although I prefer to smoke J's because I like to be able to take a drag whenever I please (without lighting). Plus I feel a little less like a crackhead when I'm smoking socially. But I am absolutely not against bowls...

4. You're disdaining people for hating on bowls, but at the same time, you're hating on joints & Ls.

5. joints are way more chill

theres no evidence after

its one simple piece

you dont have to pack bowls and cak them out repeatedly

one little .6 pinner burns for about five to seven minutes for me, ususally a long zepellin songs worth at least

edit: lols his name is j420 though?

6. What do you do if there is like 4-5-6 or more people though? Gotta smoke blunts then.

I still love smokin blunts to myself too. =P it's just wonderful. I don't like flavored blunts much anymore, though

I never really liked joints much unless they are rolled really good and I always rolled blunts thus only mediocre joint roller.

definately smoke more bowls than anything though I agree somewhat

^said though 500 times

7. I see what your saying but I'm trying to hate on Ls and Js (although i see my error in choosing tht as the name of this thread) but like some people i know just refuse to smoke bowls like when i was like 14 or 15 me and two of my friends spent 3 hours waiting outside of a cvs in winter tryin to get a bluntville cuz my friend who had the weed said tht he just smoke bowls even though i alreadt had 1 in my pocket.

8. I don't know man..don't really see how you can get more high from smoking a bowl that's probably like .3-.8 or so as compared to a nice ol' blunt that's about 1.2-2 grams but shit..that's you I guess :S..me on the other hand..bongs and blunts all day my boy.

9. Bowls are ok for me. The ashes is what bothers me

Bongs are the best. But i cant carry my bong everywhere

Blunts is #1. i can wait at a bus stop and smoke me a fatty without anyone knowing (Except the smell :))

10. My view is that if one were truly better than the other then there would be very little sales of two of three commonly used pieces. I'm leaving vaporizers out because while they are considered the best alternative I'm alien towards them and haven't really been caught in the allure of them, nor do I consider them very common.

Though there are highs and lows of each and while I might not have all of them this is my personal opinion.

Joints

Downsides:
    Can be quite annoying to avoid 'wasting' smoke.
    Take time and effort to make (assuming you don't know how or aren't very good at it.)
    Very easily ruined by 'butt suckers'.
    Boggarts have a much easier time snatching smoke.

Upsides:
    If you only roll a joint and the trotters of the law burrow out into plain view it's very easy to eat.
    In packed areas no one quite knows where it's coming from.
    Less of a couch locked feel.
    Then there's the fine art that is a very nicely rolled joint - better than that is helping burn that piece of art after watching someone nurture it into beauty.
    Cheap.

Bongs

Downsides:(some only relate to particular bongs)
    Considerably harder to eat a bong than a joint when the trotters start a pounding.
    Incredibly hard to hide, particularly larger models.
    Obvious to onlookers.
    Better models are an expensive investment.
    Cleaning can be quite hard.
    You need to have water to add.
    Cracking or breaking of the piece.
    It makes a distinctive sound.
    Bong water smells like shit on the carpet.

Upsides:
    Pyroxide likes bongs, making you much cooler for having similar tastes to a man as great as myself.
    Much more comfortable to one hit allowing fresher, larger and smoother hits by far.
    Assuming you don't over pack your bowl, much easier for subtle smoking with a sploof in doors.
    Bongs look totally awesome.

Pipes

Downsides:
    Not as obvious as a bong but just as likely to get you a paraphernalia charge.
    Without a screen the chance of getting ash in your mouth is pretty high.
    The smoke can get quite hot on larger hits.
    If you can't one hit a pipe reburn can taste pretty nasty and waste the flavor of a fresh bowl.
    Also quite hard to clean.

Upsides:
    Stealthier than bongs.
    Very cool types out there.
    Less likely to break than a bong.
    Found almost everywhere.
    Much larger range.
    Easy enough to throw when piggies rock up - then find later.

Just my 2c though, I smoke to suit conditions.

11. Hahhahahahaahaahaha.

I think I pissed myself a little reading that :cool:

12. Joints only suck when you are bad at rolling them, and a single light torches the whole thing.
    Maybe that's your problem?
    IMO they don't waste weed at all.
    I usually get higher when I smoke a joint because I smoke more weed.
    Dumping out the ashes and repacking a bowl takes some time, so ill smoke 1 bowl and smoke some more a while later.

13. I hate the taste of joints and blunts, but each has their place. They're convenient (Going out, grab a few pre rolled joints and go), easier to hide, easier to use socially. But on the downside they smell a lot more, you have to learn how to roll em, and they're usually harsher than glass pieces.

14. you get more thc if you use a pipe than you do if you smoke a joint. thats why you get higher. everything else is just preference.

15. It's a social thing for me... I prefer a nice bowl or steam-roll when I'm alone. But when I'm around people I'm the designated roller... whether it be blunt or j.

16. I have always got a stronger high off of bowls. i love bowls. not to say i don't enjoy a good jay or blunt here n there but.... i love to smoke a bowl.

17. I prefer a doobie to many things. It's more fun to make than packing a bowl and bowls (in a pipe) waste weed IMO.

18. Glass if I'm home and it's me and my girl or at most 1 other person. Blunts and J's when driving. I don't give a fuck though I'm gonna go out and say it, I get higher from my glass then I do with blunts. IDC what you say this fact holds true for me.

19. Man I thought this was grasscity. Everyone chewing him up because he enjoys a nice glass bowl.

I also enjoy toking out of a freshly cleaned bowl. But everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

20. very convenient...and if you get caught you want catch a paraphernalia charge. i know some states are really harsh on that.