Joints and Blunts

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by TwistedHippie, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Who enjoys actually smoking weed. Like the whole process? From breaking down the bud to rolling that joint/blunt to the inhale/exhale part?

I love smoking. Weed. Just smoking. It's a habit I know. I used to smoke tobacco a lot but recently jist been smoming jays and the ocassional bong rip.

Also preferences on any paper or wraps? I personally like the High Hemp brank. From their papers to wraps to filter

How about you fellow blades? Enjoy the art of smoking?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I love the process of it all. I love opening the jar and smelling the flowers. I love breaking them down to observe the insides. I love filling up a blunt or paper. I love packing bowls. Its relaxing. Time to slow down and think about things, or not think at all. Mini vacation inside my house when im burning one. Im high rn and idk what im even doing replying to this. stoned rambling. your welcome. <3 love you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #3 robot_zombie, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Never been too big on blunts. Any time I've been in a large enough group for one, there have been pros who do it better/faster and figured the 7 or so other people throwing in deserved the better blunt. And for me solo blunting is really just a waste. I can't really just do that... medical weed in Florida is neither cheap, nor plentiful enough, sadly...

I do enjoy the rituals of smoking weed. The cool thing about it is... there are like 1.1m ways to get high and they all have their own process. Each one has its own effect on your mindset, too... which I've always felt HAD to affect the high you get. Set and setting man!

So the ritual is all part of it in the end. That's part of why I love joints. I roll with xtra-thin papers... lately RAW Blacks because of how they conform to the core as you form it. A lot of thin papers are tough to work with because they tend to be wrinkley and slippery. The blacks are more sticky/waxy so they conform really well and are really enjoyable to roll with. There's something to be said of the satisfaction of smoking a J you've put in the time with. I can get lost in working towards that and somehow it makes sparking up that much more of an event, I guess. My joints aren't always the prettiest, but I always make sure they smoke right! There's just something about the whole package of rolling one up and enjoying the fruits of it.

I'm just generally steady getting set up to smoke. I'll pull out a nug and just kinda look at it. Take a chunk off and smell the part I just cracked open... it's interesting how that changes from day to day. I also like to note all of the different qualities, as trichomes have many different properties. Long before people were talking about terps, I was combing over my fuckin weed and tying different properties of the bud to different effects... and then years later I would see those same associations becoming accepted after studying the aromatics. You can learn so much by observing the cure, the color, the texture, the smell, the density, so on. So many stories to tell.

I grind up my weed for joints (to get the kif and just guarantee certain burning properties,) so bowls are my best chance at getting up close and personal. Nothing like loading up a fat pack in a sherlock or any other long pipe and kicking back for a leisurely sesh. I slowly break up enough for a fat one. I love assembling it with each piece fitting perfectly, like a game of tetris. It's really calming. Takes my mind off of things I'm trying to step away from for a bit and puts it on where I'm going.

I've met so many people who are in such a hurry to get high. Personally I try to leave those anxieties at the door and just go with the flow. I'm reminded of people who drive like maniacs in parking lots... I just want to shake them in be like "You're HERE! You made it! Chill!" I smoke less and enjoy it more when I'm not blowing half of my high acting like a fiend who's whole existence ain't right if they can't get there ASAP! Most people I've met like that have been fine, but IME the least trustworthy people I've dealt with have been the "Lets GO!" types. It's like they wanna smoke, but they don't appreciate it. As a teenager I used to throw together steamrollers with ratchet sockets and waterbottles. It's fast and easy. If you're in such a hurry and don't give a shit, just do that, right? There are reasons people don't do that though lol... and it's not just because it's not the healthiest way.

To me it feels like taking advantage, like it's just a means to the end and none of it really matters. I say make it special and it'll always be so. We're not talking about crack or meth here. Weed is at least a little more sacred. It rewards those who respect it more than those who simply use it, but never give any of themselves to the process. For me, every step represents me setting more things aside and giving more of myself to a new goal. I've built a whole kit around the different ways I like to smoke so that I can always mix it up and stay immersed in it all from start to finish. Go out to my spot on the back porch, plug-into all of that, and disengage until I go back inside.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not a religious thinker at all. But your attitude and overall state of mind before undergoing a strong mind-altering experience counts for so much of what happens next. The whole time you're getting ready, you're buying the ticket. Are you traveling coach or 1st class? You can't change it once you're moving.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I am a religious thinker, and I really dig your sentiments, @robot_zombie . That is much the way I see things, and why I've come to appreciate joints over bongs.

I am lousy at rolling, so I love to fill cones, usually Elements and Zig-Zag, or the occasional Raw or odd brand. Mostly 1.25, but occasionally king size. I like to fill up to seven at a time. I use a large rolling tray, grab a jar (or two; sometimes I blend), select some buds, and smell them as I break them up and grind them.

Filling the cones perfectly takes time, but it's worth it. I grind the herb finely and fill the cones nearly to the top, just short of too tight, and get up to 1.3 grams in most 1.25 cones, and 2.4 grams in Zig-Zag king size cones (a little more in Job, but I didn't care for the paper). One I fill to the absolute end so it cannot be closed; that get's smoked as soon as I've put everything where it belongs again. They will usually burn for up to 25 mins straight through and up to 47 mins for king size cones depending on the bud. Sometimes they go out and I just relax and read or listen to music, then light up again a few minutes later. Taking my time with it helps me appreciate cannabis more and my body seems to dig it more that way too, since I'm using it primarily for pain.

Something else I like to do is look up what I bought if it's something new to me (as far as I know, just going by the connection's word) and read about the strain, look for pics, read reviews, etc. The more you get to know your medicine, the more you appreciate it in every regard has been my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I love rolling joints or blunts. Swishers only no wet backwoods crap.
    I got taught to roll joints by Europeans mostly. Had a roommate from Switzerland and an ex from France who taught me how to roll nice cones that weren’t too tight or too loose. But it really depends on how fine it’s ground up. To thin and it’s a powder that can clog, too this and it stays too moist and burns unevenly.

6. blunt strait to the dome :smoke::hello:

7. To the dome YOOOOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 1
  8. I like smoking weed. I enjoy the whole, entire process from breaking down the weed with my fingertips to the last pift. I like rolling joints blunts inhaling and exhaling.

So do I? Weed? Just smoking? I like, enjoy all of it!!! :) I started smoking weed first then got into smoking Marlboro Menthol Light. J's and bong hits are cool too you know. Smoking, "Made in Spain" smoking paper are my favorite rolling papers because it doesn't have that burn taste like Zig Zag do. I use to buy 10x at a time cuz you go through em quick. And you can taste the green weed. For Blunt Wrap I just always get Grape.

Obviously I've tried a cigarette like once time before I started smoking. Like duh! :)

9. I would be a straight edge if not for cannabis. I hate tobacco and alcohol, but especially hate tobacco. That being said. I still love me a good blunt over a joint any day. Blunts have more flavor, and the minuscule amount of tobacco from the paper mixes nicely in my opinion for a great feeling. Also, another plus, blunts are far easier to roll than joints - I still have trouble rolling joints to this day, 9 years smoker. But I never have trouble rolling a blunt, and they stay tight! And they tend to be a bit longer in length, I personally end up chopping it off to make it more joint sized, makes it a bit more manageable to roll plus I don't like wasting weed and blunts do waste a lot of weed so I try to minimize that by shortening the blunt so I put in less weed.

If no blunt though, I have this sherlock bubbler pipe I've for several years, most of my smoking time. Survived many falls, very thick glass, and pretty to look at. A steal for $25- I had it discounted at a random tobacco store I went to, and it has remained the only time I went there. Kind of feel bad for not going back there since he cut me $20 off the price for no reason, didn't even ask or complain about anything, he just cut me that deal. Should really go back to support that guy, really...