Joint vs Pipe vs vs Bub vs Bong vs Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Space Chimp 155, Mar 13, 2012.

1. So I just read an article about how technically a joint is actually the most efficient way to smoke MJ because thc is actually slightly water soluble. I personally find bubblers to be my favorite high. Anyone else agree with this.

2. bongs all day.

3. I think like almost 3% is soluble in water, but that doesn't really amount to how much you lose from the smoke that comes off a joint when you aren't inhaling it. Vaporizers are the most efficient way to get everything out of your weed, but that technically isn't "smoking".

4. [quote name='"Space Chimp 155"']So I just read an article about how technically a joint is actually the most efficient way to smoke MJ because thc is actually slightly water soluble. I personally find bubblers to be my favorite high. Anyone else agree with this.[/quote]

Well....no =\.

A lot of THC leaves the joint because it's constantly burning. Also, just because it's combustion, 30%+ of the thc/cbd is destroyed.

Very little THC gets lost in water, some does, but as people have said, 3%....that's nothing compared to what leaves a joint. A joint is easily the least efficient way to get high.

Water, while it takes away a little bit, makes up for it in the sense that you can take bigger hits than you normally would, resulting in a faster intake of THC to the brain. It may not be more efficient, but it certainly gets you blasted quicker and harder. Often worth it compared to the small THC loss.

Vaporizing is not combustion, so none of the THC gets destroyed. In fact you get all of it. You don't need to use water, but it can have the same effect, allowing for monster hits.

Vaporizing is easily the most efficient, joint is the least.

5. So the argument of joint vs bong has come down to who is a cheap mother fucker?

Id take a 10% loss in smoke over my entire life than dealing with bongs and water and cleaning and buying new bongs when they break. You probably increase the overall cost of smoking by having to buy and maintain the bongs.

Not to mention ultra thin slow burning papers basically go out by them selves if you dont toke on it within 15 seconds, which almost removes the entire problem of lost smoke..

Moral of the story? don't be a cheap fuck.. and J>B

6. [quote name='"Clidefr0g"']So the argument of joint vs bong has come down to who is a cheap mother fucker?

Id take a 10% loss in smoke over my entire life than dealing with bongs and water and cleaning and buying new bongs when they break. You probably increase the overall cost of smoking by having to buy and maintain the bongs.

Not to mention ultra thin slow burning papers basically go out by them selves if you dont toke on it within 15 seconds, which almost removes the entire problem of lost smoke..

Moral of the story? don't be a cheap fuck.. and J>B[/quote]

It's gonna be more than 10%, and yes, putting water in your bongs is oh so super expensive. The cost of buying papers probably outweighs the cost of bong repair. Also the fact that you can't take a quick snap with a joint, you gotta have a whole joint. You can pack whatever small amount in a bong.

None of your arguments make much sense. Dealing with joints and having to roll them seems like far more hassle then just owning a bong. None of my bongs require any hassle.

7. Saying whoever spends 200+ on a good bong and assec are cheap.

But who spends 2.09 on pap are not cheap?

Umm.

I perfer bong had a pipe.for a yr was a good high.. before that smoke blunts/ paps like crazy ..now I got my first bong.. I.rather have my bong better cleaner better tasting Idk just me but that's the beauty of weed works different everywhere literally.

8. Bongs, as long as it's quality glass. :bongin:

9. #10 Clidefr0g, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Bongs range in excess of 2000 dollars, most decent ones costing approximately $200, You have to purchase iso to clean them, when they break you have to replace them, and we all know they WILL break, i never said the cost of water was expensive, i said the cost of buying and maintaining a bong is expensive, and it is. my 1$ pack of papers lasts me 100 joints, or approximately 100grams of pot.

What do you mean i have to have a whole joint? have you ever heard of a roach? i could take 1 hit off a joint and put it out and have it waiting for me to spark it up whenever i want.

All you have done is try to make me look bad without giving any reasons why and i doubt you even read my entire post since you clearly missed the part about ultra thin slow burning papers that do not LET you waste smoke.

your 200$ bong gives me 20000 joints worth of papers which means i would have to smoke 44 pounds of weed just to equal the cost of your bongs initial purchase before my papers cost me more than your bong.

and to the person saying im cheap for buying papers, the only reason im using this as my argument is because thats what the person was concerned about, wasting pot in joints vs getting all thc from bongs, which is true to an extent, but as ive said the costs outweigh the benefits.

10. Vape through bong > everything.

11. ^^ Yeah bro, I started reading his post and thought that he was gonna say that people who smoke joints are the cheap ones, he really threw me off with that one.

I think joints would be the cheaper version since you can get like 30 for a dollar and you lose a lot of smoke. With gong bongs, you don't really lose any smoke, unless you are being lazy and let your bowl burn while no one hits it.

12. Last part is true, first part isn't.

There is no extraction method which gets you 100% thc. Combustion does take out significantly more of the available thc than vaporization though. The difference between a joint and a bong, if there is no excess burn off, is negligible.

Also, with any sort of pipe you get the accumulation factor, and that's why many feel they get higher with those than a joint.

It really doesn't matter in the end.

To the dude who gave the eloquent "who's a cheap mother fucker," argument, your logic is flawed. You can pay a one time expense vs. a recurring expense, they are just two different ways to deal with a cost. It's like buying a car vs. leasing one, the right answer depends on your financial status and personal opinions. I buy glass because I appreciate art. I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars on works that I love, and I'm also responsible enough to take care of them. The thought of breaking glass should not be on your mind so long as you are at the very least as coordinated as an adult should be.

Also, have you ever tried to sell the ashes from a joint, or dutch guts? It's a lot more difficult than selling glass. ;)

13. Our bongs WILL break? Naw man, we're pretty careful with our shit that costs more than a lot of the other things in our homes.

Yeah, you can get like 30 papers for a dollar. But then your smoke goes unfiltered, allowing a whole lot more shit into your lungs. Bongs are a lot smoother, and don't waste nearly as much weed as joints, even if you are using "slow-burning" papers.

also

A roach hit =/= a snap from a bong

and
    I would rather smoke 40 pounds of weed out of a nice bong than 44 out of joints

14. [quote name='"Clidefr0g"']

Bongs range in excess of 2000 dollars, most decent ones costing approximately $200, You have to purchase iso to clean them, when they break you have to replace them, and we all know they WILL break, i never said the cost of water was expensive, i said the cost of buying and maintaining a bong is expensive, and it is. my 1$ pack of papers lasts me 100 joints, or approximately 100grams of pot.

What do you mean i have to have a whole joint? have you ever heard of a roach? i could take 1 hit off a joint and put it out and have it waiting for me to spark it up whenever i want.

All you have done is try to make me look bad without giving any reasons why and i doubt you even read my entire post since you clearly missed the part about ultra thin slow burning papers that do not LET you waste smoke.

your 200$ bong gives me 20000 joints worth of papers which means i would have to smoke 44 pounds of weed just to equal the cost of your bongs initial purchase before my papers cost me more than your bong.

and to the person saying im cheap for buying papers, the only reason im using this as my argument is because thats what the person was concerned about, wasting pot in joints vs getting all thc from bongs, which is true to an extent, but as ive said the costs outweigh the benefits.[/quote]

xD 200 dollar bong? You can get an incredible bong for far less, and buying one in excess of 2000 dollars is ridiculous. And even after factoring Iso (which can be had insanely cheap) the amount of money you spend on weed will FAR outweigh someone who just has a simple quality bong. I've given plenty of reasons why, and I didn't miss the point about the ultra thin papers, it doesn't matter. Weed is still wasted either way, a bong is much more dense and efficient.

I never said your papers would cost more than a bong, but maintaining a bong is NOT expensive, and the amount you'd spend on weed is far more. I don't care if you smoke joints - your arguments were just flawed. Pretty much every reason you gave to joints being better - the complete opposite was the case.

With joints you're overall spending more money, and not getting as concentrated doses of THC - getting you higher. More money, less high. I don't mind your smoking preference, smoke joints if you want, but your argument doesn't make sense.

15. mmhmm...

16. I applaud your reasoning to buying a bong, as i personally feel thats the only reason i would want one myself. The "whose a cheap mother fucker" argument though i believe you took out of context. I was indicating initially that they were cheap because of the loss of smoke or THC that resulted in using joints, not the purchase and upkeep of a bong, since obviously bongs are quite expensive and cheap people dont usually spend money on nice things like glass bongs. I then proceeded to point out how in their efforts to gain the most from their weed they are actually spending more to do it than they are gaining in return.

17. [quote name='"dirtridge"']

Last part is true, first part isn't.

There is no extraction method which gets you 100% thc. Combustion does take out significantly more of the available thc than vaporization though. The difference between a joint and a bong, if there is no excess burn off, is negligible.

Also, with any sort of pipe you get the accumulation factor, and that's why many feel they get higher with those than a joint.

It really doesn't matter in the end.

To the dude who gave the eloquent "who's a cheap mother fucker," argument, your logic is flawed. You can pay a one time expense vs. a recurring expense, they are just two different ways to deal with a cost. It's like buying a car vs. leasing one, the right answer depends on your financial status and personal opinions. I buy glass because I appreciate art. I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars on works that I love, and I'm also responsible enough to take care of them. The thought of breaking glass should not be on your mind so long as you are at the very least as coordinated as an adult should be.

Also, have you ever tried to sell the ashes from a joint, or dutch guts? It's a lot more difficult than selling glass. ;)[/quote]

I admit that was a very very slight exaggeration, but when combustion destroys upwards of 30% of the THC, and in comparison vaporization is hardly a measurable amount - the point is the same. Couldn't agree more with your post though.

18. If you are a collector, $2000 is chump change for a pipe...but that's just semantics.

19. I use rizzla black, 1$ for 100 papers at any gas station in my town.

There is an ember, but because of physics and airflow it goes out after a period of time, depending on how large the ember is and how long you wait, for me, its usually about 15-30 seconds.

Why am i trying to sell the ashes from 20000 joints? id rather throw it in the garbage, im not sure if your trying to say that you can sell the remains of your bong tokes or what - honestly confused on that comment.. sorry.

also i only spend about 15$ a year on joint creation (not including buds obviously) in your hypothetical it would take 15 years to even out the cost, and yes you probably could sell your bong, but not many people want a grungy 15 year old bong, even if you sold it 7 years in for half price thats still a far fetched scenario.

and lastly, who here, who uses glass regularily and for a good period of time has NOT broken a bong or pipe? seriously, its basically impossible, especially if you have ANY friends, SHIT HAPPENS.