Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joint smell linger in room

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by violet512, Aug 20, 2016.

1. #1 violet512, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Me and my friend crushed a gram of weed and then rolled/smoked a joint in my bedroom yesterday. We did it with the window and door closed without any insence or whatever burning, however my window has been open since we smoked it(almost 24 hours ago), a candle is lit, I've sprayed febreeze, hoovered, stripped my bedding and put in the wash but I can still smell it. My parents are on holiday but they're coming back on the 23rd, will the smell be gone by then or if not, how long will it last? Will it last forever? Any advice to help the smell go? My friend said it would be fine lmao but that was her 3rd time smoking weed and my 1st, I feel like a complete twat asking this but if anyone can give a helpful answer then it's worth a shot

2. Febreeze and candles don't do much OP, especially when you smoke in a room that's all shut up. The smoke has nowhere to go so it's just going to permeate everything that's cloth in the room. Febreeze and candles are worthless, FYI; as is your friend. Go get Ozium. It's an air freshener. Get the spray can version. You can find it at most auto parts places and Walmart in the auto section. You're going to want to wash everything that covers your bed, and you're going to want to vacuum using some kind of carpet deodorizer. Then spray the Ozium liberally around the room. Make sure the windows are open during all this. You'll be fine

• Like Like x 2
  3. Febreze does work- just not if you hotboxed a room with a joint. Next time OP, at least have the window open when you smoke. And Ozium would be your best friend in this situation, as Sneaky Snake stated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unfortunately I live in the UK and I don't think I can get it here so easily

5. Order it online

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Lasorda I found that smoke settles eventually and sticks to the carpet. Vacuum with some sort of powder freshener made for vacuums.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It isn't something that's marketed to hide the smell of weed or anything. Go to your local supermarket's automotive department. It'll be with the air fresheners- if not there'll be a suitable knockoff. Anything citrusy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 PCjabber, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Seconding this. I've actually been buying this lemon-scented "Smoke Smell Be-Gone!" for a while now, and while I don't think it works as quickly as Ozium does, it's certainly cheaper. Be advised -- the lemon scent is strong.

But, OP, your local auto parts store (or department store) should have some product designed to eliminate smoke odors from the car interior; that's probably your best bet to get it there before your folks come home.

Dunno if you have a "Euro Car Parts" store near you, but I found they carry this "Normfest Aerofit Power" air freshener (~7 GBP) that claims to eliminate smoke smell, according to the manufacturer's website (which I can only find in German, oddly...):
    which is roughly translated as...
    Hope this helps!

edit: FWIW, I don't live in the UK, and have never bought this particular product, so I can't vouch for it directly. But it's worth a shot...the reviews (many of which are in German) seem to suggest it works well on smoke.

9. order chinese and leave leftovers in your room, at least it will help disguise the smell haha

• Like Like x 1