Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

joint rolling tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jakegetsbaked91, Mar 18, 2013.

1. got any? only real "trick" I use that I haven't really heard about before is crushing your paper up into a ball and unfold it before.you roll. crinkled up paper is much easier to handle and roll w, especially that first tuck. also makes your j burn slower and more evenly preventing runs, w the ember following the crinkles in the paper.

you have any family secrets for rolling? tricks? lets hear em

2. i wan get it as tight as i can, as slim as i can with as much as i can put in.

i normally roll them straight but cones are ok too

and always use a crutch, it helps alot when peoples saliva wets up the paper.

im about to make one now using RAW papers but Zigzag, Rizla, OCB, Juicy Jay they all good

blunts are better but harder to come by where i am a phillie is £6!!!! for 1!!!!!!1 damn

3. I use raw papers also, the fatter the better for sure. have to disagree on the better blunt tho :/ hemp papers allllllll the way. no nicotine here lol

4. what you can do is take scissors and roll a filter out of a thin piece of cardboard, making it round as possible and desired thickness put a tiny piece of tape so the cardboard doesn't unravel itself. then just put that at the end of the j and tuck and roll using the filter to guide you.

5. It's all about the thumbs, your thumbs help you roll them tighter and more round. Also, if you fuck the first tuck up, your screwed. The first tuck
    Is the most important.

Sometimes if I'm using just regular sized papers instead of double wides or 1.5's ill roll one very lose. Then I take a second paper, crinkle it up and wrap it around the joint as tight as possible. Seems to work well with sized 1 papers without being too harsh. You can forget about double rolling a 1.5 or double wide, way too much paper.

Where I'm from, we call double wrapping a joint "mummy tucking"

6. #7 jakegetsbaked91, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
    just to kinda clear up the thread I'm a pretty proficient joint roller. even rolled my own cigarettes for awhile. I roll for almost all my friends so i dont have to waste my time doctoring a lit joint while the weed burns up.I like to twist js you can throw across a room to pass to ppl wo worrying about it.

I meant more along the lines of tips like using a crutch, or crinkling the paper for an easier roll and smoother burn.

or tricks like my friends dad who used to roll our joints, woulf have the weed and paper between his thumbs and fingers rolling it back and fourth, lick the paper. then he wwould actually "snap" his fingers and thumb and a prefect lil doobie would drop to the table every time! (I've tried to get this down for years and still can't do it like he did lol) I wanna hear bout your "tricks"

7. I've always told people that want to learn how to start rolling to get a cheap pack of rolling tobacco and roll the entire bag. Tobacco is alot easier to roll and will help you get the basics down.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_Xf8-DROE&list=PL024FC2AF6D11FDE1&index=17]The Technique - a perfect joint every time - how to roll a joint - YouTube[/ame]

9. Practice practice practice....
    Only way to get good really.

But if you crumble up your rolling paper before using it, then it becomes much easier to roll.

Think of it as a used gum wrapper...
    Crumble it into a tiny ball, then unfold it.
    Now roll.

10. Roll from the middle not either end

Don't try and make the joint too tight- don't let your cylinder of weed get any thinner than the roach

Grab the excess paper at the end and shake the joint by it- will pack the bud throughout instead of just at the top

Run a lighter agaisnt the side you licked to avoid canoeing

Use a tiny bit of tobacco, I'm talking like 5% tobacco, slows burning down and maintains even burn. If you can taste the tobacco you're using too much.

11. lol I thought me and my dude where the only ppl to do that. keeps your joints from running also :)

12. using more than paper

and

europeans using more tobacco than weed

is fucked up

13. use a rolling machine.. there perfect joint. Now get a razor, slice it open, and put the weed in the bong like me ^^

• Like Like x 1
  14. #16 philmcan, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013

15. If your rolling w hemp papers bite small rips in the glue making them stick better

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

16. 1.When rolling a decent sized joint always use 2 papers. Simply lick the glue on one and place the bottom of the other paper neatly on the glue tab. 
    2.Always use a crutches! Without a crutch the joint wont burn right and you will only get bitch hits.
    3.When you are rolling the joint up make sure you do not roll it to tight or to lose. To tight will restrict the air flow in the joint and as a result wont burn as well.
    4.Don't grind the weed to much or the joint will burn to fast
    5.After the the joint is all rolled find a thin object you can use to stuff more weed into the side that doesn't have the crutch in it. (My tool of choice it a match or a nail)
    6.When the j is all finished lick all its sides then dry it with a lighter.
    Follow these steps and you got a good fatty

17. i know you didn't say blunts but i heard of rolling blunts inside out to make them burn slower.

18. I gotta disagree! You can't use two papers. I wanna taste ganja not paper :wacko: