Joint Rolling Machine vs Using Hands

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by DR1ZZYDR3, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Just wanted to get your take on wether you prefer using a joint rolling machine or just using your hands.

I like the machines more...specificly the king size ones.
    you can make them as fat as you want as tight as you want.
    the only down side is you can only roll one shape which is cylinders...so no cones.

2. You truly gotta stick to rolling with your god given fingers. The rolling machines roll only straight joints, and can be packed to a point where its too tight, and will not not smoke properly. And think about it, if someone asks you to roll a joint, how are you gunna feel about pulling a mechanism to do it for you.

3. Hands. Who wants to carry an extra, unnecessary machine with them?

4. If you really love maryjane you'll learn to roll perfectly with your hands.

5. I use joint rolling machines anymore because I cant use those small regualr papers. When I started rolling joints I only used big Rizla papers and then after they were discontinued in my area I found another type called Mountain papers which were awesome as well till they got discountinued. I can roll with those small/regualr papers but they never come out right plus with a joint roller I can make them way fatter then I can by hand. Lol whenever I use my roller they look just like cigs and burn so smooth. I also have a blunt roller which is nice but those I prefer to roll by hand. I might go online to buy a case of Rizlas because rolling by hand is such a good feeling.

6. In my opinion, unless you have a disability, there is no excuse for using a rolling machine as a seasoned toker. I can roll as fat and as tight as I want, and I firmly believe this is a skill worth learning. When I go somewhere and someone is using a machine or one of those pre-rolled cones I usually laugh and give them some shit and then offer to roll it myself.:cool:

7. This isn't even a competition.

8. tell that to wiz khalifa. And just so everybody knows you can roll cones in machines. I don't take it with me anywhere just use it sometimes at my house.

9. I like to use a roller myself. I am really bad at rolling by hand, and I like the way the roller makes it so it will burn slowly and evenly.

To whoever said that rollers roll too tight: U are doing it wrong. :D

10. when i'm lazy I'd like to use roller they come out perfect.
    But hand rolled is cool too...since that all i do, seeing i dont have a roller.
    Dont knock the rollers yahhmeannn

11. Amen. Sometimes I don't even like using a grinder to break up the bud. I feel more in tune with it when I do everything with my hands.

12. I like to use a roller myself. I mean if we want to be real seasoned tokers why are we using grinders? I know kind of a reach but you get my point. Lets use technology guys this isnt the 60s. Rollers roll perfect and are way faster than anyones hands could possible do. Grinder + Roller = Joint in under 1 minute.

13. if i ever felt like rolling a surplus of joints i would use a roller but i think normally hands would be the way to go because its not that hard to roll a good j

14. Rollers are great, but usually end up rolling with my hands.

15. Why such a rush? I like making ritual out of my smoking, using a machine to quickly smoke ruins all the fun, slow down and chill...roll a jay and have fun.

16. Machines are for noobs.

17. fake boobs or real boobs?

18. :smoke: great minds think alike... i mean i will eventually learn to roll...but no need to right now...nd plus you can put blunt raps and cigarillo's in the king size which is 110 mm

19. i have to be honest with you guys. ive tried to use a roller and it turned out worse then my first hand rolled joint. to this day i cant figure out quite how to use them right. ive seen tons of people use them, ive looked up every guide out there, and i still cant physicaly do it. so i hate them. plus i agree with zzachery. i love taking my time, looking at the herb, breaking it apart, looking at it though a magnafying glass, admiring it. then slowly rolling a perfect joint. if it turns out bad, i re roll it. simple as that. i enjoy smoking the herb just as much as the high.

20. fuck all that, if you say rollin with your hands is better than a roller youve never used one before. Sure you might feel a stronger connection with the single joint you built using nothing but you hands, caressing it tightly thorughout the rolling process...... but ill turn out ten of them motha fuckers with the roller.