Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joint roach/crutch

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NowYouFunkedUp, Jun 30, 2011.

1. So Iv been rolling joints without filters/roaches/crutches for awhile now. Iv been wondering if the joint hits better and what are some good things from adding a crutch. And what could I use for a crutch? Just any old little piece of cardboard?

2. I always roll with a filter. The best filters i find are business cards, or magazine subscription cards (its convenient because they give you like 6 per magazine and theyre huge hahah). I just learned to roll with them and have since.

3. It helps prevent stuff getting in your mouth and from the end of the joint closing from being wet.

4. #4 NowYouFunkedUp, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks man. How does the joint hit with a filter?

5. It's a zillion times better

6. #6 NowYouFunkedUp, Jun 30, 2011
    Well I'm gonna have to try it then.

7. It gives a joint a much better shape and makes it all around better.

8. Oh Yh there's a roach card at the end of every pack of papers and u can buy little books of them (I would recommend they're like 50p) or any old card

9. #9 NowYouFunkedUp, Jun 30, 2011
    Yeah, Iv noticed they can be a little misshapen without a filter.

10. #10 NowYouFunkedUp, Jun 30, 2011
    Alright thanks man.

11. #11 AIIi, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    If make u make letter shape crutches (W shaped, S shaped, etc.)
    Pros:
    1. Weed wont get into your mouth
    2. It circulates airflow
    3. keeps the end of the joint opened which circulates air flow
    4. Keeps slobs from drooling all over ur joint
    5. Some people roll better with them
    6. Why do u think its called a crutch? It supports the joint
    7. You dont burn ur fingers when trying to finish the roach
    8. Gives the joint a better shape

Cons:
    1. Uhm, none?

12. Both of these points sum up what i was going to say. Ive always felt that it helped me get a nice gradual cone shape, as well as helping me with the tuck. You rarely if ever get bits of weed in your mouth, and it doesnt build up res at the opening. Also you can smoke it till the end without burning your fingers or lips (although if youre a roach man then you might not want to smoke it till the end). In the end though its all personal preference.
    Oh and lots of people roll the joint then add the filter in last, ive always rolled with the filter in. Once again: all preference.