Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joint Problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by snipedout, Nov 10, 2009.

1. I recently got into rolling joints instead of using the pipe or rolling a blunt, yet whenever I end up smoking a joint it never seems to really work out right.

I used a grinder to break up the weed, I roll it tight but not too tight, and like I said before the weed is of a good consistency. I seem to be doing it right, yet I can't ever get a good cherry burning. It's at the point where I have to light it every hit.

Am I possibly lighting wrong? because I do seem to have a lot of problems with it running on the side. Any help is appreciated

2. Well it's kind of a crapchute for me. Some of mine burn like a dream and others seem to constantly go out. The weather does play a factor too. When its windy my Js go out constantly. One suggestion though, when you take your hit make it a pretty good draw because I find if I rip the J pretty good on my hits it gets it goin and helps it stay lit a little longer.

3. hmm i dont usually have problems. light it before you take hits on it with the joint in your hand and lighter in other (not up to your mouth) just take good strong hits on it. if you see a run lick your finger and press it down on the run. should have a perfect burning L

4. #4 ArgoSG, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    Rolling can be a tricky process. It may lie in in how resinous the weed is/how well it was cured, or just your rolling abilities. The easiest rolling method also makes the best looking joints, in my opinion. Try it:

1) Rip off a small piece of hard paper to serve as a filter.

2) Take your rolling paper glue side up, and holding it vertically, put the rolled bit of filter paper on the corner with no glue, diagonally. You roll the paper around the filter until you've formed a cone. Lick the glue to seal. It should be a perfect cone, not too huge on the fatter end. This is very easy to do, and you should be holding it by the filter at all times.

3) Prepare weed. No large dense peices obviously, those won't burn well. Make sure you avoid small stems and seeds, obviously, those can burn longer, they are very fiberous, and can cause the joint to canoe. You want an even burn, so your weed should be ground until fluffy. If you have a kief collecter, remove the top part of without the screen/kief compartment, and turn the grinding part upside down. This allows you to control over a finer or coarser grind with your bud without it falling through the grinder holes.

4) Take a small poker-ish object like a toothpick and just scoop the weed into your cone. The filter lets you hold it firmly, so tap the joint vertically on a hard surface(up and down) until you see the weed settling into the paper cone. Gently tamp down the weed with your toothpick to get it into the tightest part of the cone. Do -not- pack the weed too tightly or your draw will be too tight, but it all depends on how finely you ground it. You can pack tighter with a finer grind.

5) Leave a small amount of paper at the top when you've put all the weed in, and just pinch the top, and twist it to seal. Viola. You should have a gorgeous, fat looking joint.

5. it very well could be the whether. i usually roll good joints and a few weeks ago for about 2 weeks i was having the same problem as u but it was kind of windy and cold during the times that i smoked. the other day it was mild and not windy and the j burned like a champ.

6. I dont know anyone who does it the way the guy above wrote it.
    Just make sure your using normal papers..
    Hold the joint, Light the end for like 10 seconds while turning the joint clockwise at the same time.
    Then take a puff, give it a quick light if you need it and it should work fine.
    Thats the way all my friends do it.
    Thats rare though because joint is such a waste.