Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joint pains after smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PackItIn, Oct 25, 2012.

1. So I'm just sitting here on the couch, wondering why I seem to get a sore neck and/or back sometimes when smoking weed, shouldn't mary-j be helping joint pain?
    Well, I did some research and it got me thinking...

If any fellow blades experience the same thing, think of it this way. You're baked as fuck, your feeling pretty damn lazy and your couch-locked, or staring at your computer. You're slouching in the chair and/or tilting your neck to see the screen. Bam, there's your answer, poor posture and laziness.

I've had quite terrible posture for a while now, maybe it's time to see someone about it. I dunno, haha I'm too high for this shit :smoking: /rant

2. Yeah I'm exactly the same, had a sensory deprivation tank session last weekend and it was wrecked by my neck pain. try doing things lieing on your front to even it out. Also go see a chiropractor they're pretty expensive but they are good.
    Weed doesn't cause the pain it just allows you to focus on it more, I used to do the exact same thing with minor ear pain I was having last year, whenever I blazed I'd become super concious of it.

3. Just realised that in my case it is highly likely due to sitting on the couch with a notebook laptop in my lap. I need to bend my neck downward to see the screen, thus causing neck pain...
    That's so shit, it's uncomfortable as fuck sitting at my desk.

4. Yeah same I just sit on my bed with the laptop and do the exact same thing, I hate lying on my front but hey it's better for the future.

5. It's not that it causes pain but causes you to be more aware of it. Weird how it makes you realize you need to stretch more often or have better posture.

Psyche

6. Sadly I get a headache if I'm at my computer high... I really don't know why, I can't do anything to do with my laptop or a desctop... I can watch tv fine, but I really don't know why I can't go on the computer :/

7. I learned when you sit you should sit slightly slouched instead of 90 because it is more natural for your spine. Also if you are a stomach sleeper, as I am, you might experience more pain in your back and neck than others.