Joining the military

Discussion in 'General' started by Rollin Cr00k3d, Mar 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"High Power"']

I agree. Im thinking about joining too but i dont know if its completely what i wanna do. Have you taken the ASVAB?[/quote]

No I have the review book, I can't take it for a month anyway since I have probation. Nothing bad just an ACD on a trespassing violation

2. I used to say the same shit man, you could probably look back and find some posts about me bashing the military. Now I think about it and I realized I need some fucking discipline and I want to help out people who are getting fucked by these militia groups everyday, yet spray any motherfucker who gets in our way. Idk sounds pretty good

3. Enjoy the microchip U.S soldiers.

4. Being in the military will teach you a lot of things and make you into a man. Plus you get to live off the government after youre done. And everyone considers you a hero.

Reason why I dont enlist is because I can provide for myself (no financial need) and also because that beef over in the Middle East is not worth risking my life over, in my opinion. I mean 9/11 was bad but honestly I didnt know anybody of those people that were up in the tower and shit. If I did you can bet I would be over there right now

5. i already took the asvab for the navy and got a 64 so im in good shape.

all i gotta do now is stop smoking and take a physical rofl

6. Future PFC right here *salutes*
    Basic in July, can't wait!

7. [quote name='"bluntisblunt"']i already took the asvab for the navy and got a 64 so im in good shape.

all i gotta do now is stop smoking and take a physical rofl[/quote]

Navy? Do u want to be called a seaman or a soldier? Either way you're making a good choice. I scored a 76 on the asvab. Good luck with it all!

8. lfuckingmao this ex army friend i know always fuckin calls me a seaman hahahahaha

thnx dude same to u

9. [quote name='"bluntisblunt"']i already took the asvab for the navy and got a 64 so im in good shape.

all i gotta do now is stop smoking and take a physical rofl[/quote]

Did you pick your rate yet? Whatever you do dont pick any engineering jobs! I was a en in the navy and it sucks

10. You wanna join to pop motherfuking heads off?

11. The military is one of the best things you can do, my dads in the military and my family gets all the benefits and its nice but he just came back from deployment and he saw people die in Afghanistan and said he doesn't want me to join because you see some pretty bad stuff over there..You gotta think about it though your signing a contract and if WW3 starts up the next day, well you better get ready to either die or go through hell. ._.

12. [quote name='".AcidTrip."']You wanna join to pop motherfuking heads off?[/quote]

That's exactly why I joined.:rolleyes:
    I did it for all the sweet ass benefits and traveling. Also, we gotta do what we gotta do, especially when those fucks over in Afghanistan that call themselves our "allies" are cheap shooting our men.

13. and if you didn't want to pay for school, you could look into doing the ROTC program...

(sorry if this has already been mention, I'm a lazy bastard)

14. #94 .AcidTrip., May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    I don't know how to say this in a nice way but this attitude is the reason why innocent people die overseas. Afghanistan never wanted to be allies with america and if you are going to compare who cheap shoots who, i think the answer is obvious.

There is difference between fighting for your country to defend it and make peace, and fighting for you country for possession.

You are fighting for the wrong reasons.

15. Unless the government continues taking away veterans' benefits.

16. 100% truth! My disability check keeps getting cut year after year....

17. #97 Illumiinated, May 10, 2012
    I would never join the military. The military is used to send lower/middle class citizens to fight for the elite of the world to claim their special interests and give them more control of the planet and it's resources. Not that bullshit you hear about fighting for our freedoms.

18. Where did you get the whole "lower/middle class citizens" bullshit from?

19. #99 Dazed Panda, May 10, 2012
    I didn't read through this thread because it's probably filled with bigoted bullshit but I wil say, if you want to join, be 100% in it. Know what you're getting into and research the jobs out there and the different branches. Now you say you want to kill people, and that's fine, there's plenty of people like that in the military (lol) well at least in the infantry. But you have to realize even though you want to become a high speed killing machine of a solider, the road to getting there is long as fuck and at times you will want to quit. And a lot of your days will be spent doing bullshit like cleaning weapons (for fucking hours) and getting the shit smoked out of you if you don't clean it right, running at least 3 to 5 miles every fucking day, and basically getting mentally fucked with by your leadership on a daily basis (all in good fun though lol). But if you don't mind that, it's a badass job.

I'm not saying join a pussy Air Force job or something because if fighting is what you want, go with an actual combat MOS. It's a hard fucking job but it's worth it. I mean shit, I get payed to blow shit up and shoot guns. Who wouldn't love that?

I'm in the Army infantry btw.

20. [quote name='"epiic"']

Where did you get the whole "lower/middle class citizens" bullshit from?[/quote]

People who are not wealthy...