Joining the military

Discussion in 'General' started by Rollin Cr00k3d, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Just my take on it

fuckign strike through wont work

2. ?? I don't follow. Were you trying to cross out "isn't" or...?

Can't see attachment. Link doesn't work.

3. I'd never join but go ahead mayne

4. [quote name='"Rollin Cr00k3d"']
    Can't see attachment. Link doesn't work.[/quote]

I'll try and repost it when I'm on my pc, I tried doing it from the iPhone app. It's a picture of the Marines latest billboard. It says...

"it's gods job to judge the terrorists...
    it's our mission to arrange the meeting!"

5. You must be so proud.:rolleyes:

6. #26 progenitor04, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    do even know anything about the ndaa or anything thats goin on in the werld.. u join the military ur sittin on the right side of the devil, i almost joined the military but thank god i learned to think for myself

if anything join the usm

7. Is that English?

8. What's the usm? Elaborate homie

9. [quote name='"Nechesh666"']

You must be so proud.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Why should I be proud? I'm not the creator of the slogan.

10. If you're really serious, go see a recruiter NOW. Every branch is downsizing, and more people are trying to get in. Have you taken the ASVAB yet? Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever been to the doctor besides the regular cough and cold? It is becoming incredibly tough to get in, and even tougher actually getting a job. I enlisted in the Army last December, and a week after I went to MEPS there were no more jobs.

Your reasons for joining are your own, but be prepared to be disappointed at the job selection. I like the Army because I actually reserved my job with my recruiter and confirmed it at MEPS (No other branch does this, you have to go to MEPS and see whats available.)

11. Because you "arranged the meeting." Or at least, that's what I would assume.

12. Speaking just from my experience, everyone I know that was military and opted out after their contract was up, are still working shitty jobs. One works park district, a couple don't even work, one works two restaurant jobs...so just keep in mind that enlisting in the military doesn't automatically mean you're future will be set and you will be financially stable...

Almost everyone I know that I had enlisted with or participated in boot camp with, ended up hating the military with a passion...I mean, I know a few guys who are thinking about re enlisting, but I think that's more of not being able to adjust back into civilian life, and wanting that brotherhood you have in the military.

In the end, it's up to you. I wouldnt really take advice from others, on something that will possibly make the biggest impact on your life, or years to come...sure, you want to "pop mother fuckers heads off", but for all you know, two weeks into your first deployment, it's your head getting popped off.

13. [quote name='"JayTab"']I like the Army because I actually reserved my job with my recruiter and confirmed it at MEPS (No other branch does this, you have to go to MEPS and see whats available.)[/quote]

I reserved my job with my recruiter and confirmed with MEPS as well in the Marines. This was back in 2001 though pre-9/11 so I don't know if things have changed. And I know with the Navy, if you enlist full time, you can choose your first base to be stationed at through MEPS.

I've had a hand full of friends that chose Hawaii as their first place to be stationed. The liaison told them all that Hawaii couldn't be chosen and they all said they weren't joining. They all got Hawaii!

Recruiters are the same way. They try and feed you bullshit that you can't do this and can't do that. Yeah walk out their office and shit changes real quick.

14. just remember it is NOT okay to piss on dead corpses.

15. ah the military. getting paid and worshiped for murdering people.

16. Yeah the Marines used to reserve MOS slots, but I don't think they do it anymore (But this coming from the grunts in green across the hall). And as far as choosing your first duty station, I think its only with certain AOs in the Navy now.

The Navy was my first choice, but they had no jobs besides Special Forces Candidate and Nuke, but now I've heard its every branch that has pretty much nothing open right now. Supposedly sometime in June, the Army is cutting 88,000 active jobs immediately.

17. [quote name='"Nechesh666"']

Because you "arranged the meeting." Or at least, that's what I would assume.[/quote]

Well let me ask you a question. Assuming there was a draft and you HAD to go to war ( knowing that you would never join the military. ) And someone was shooting at you. What the fuck would you do? Not shoot back? Fuck that shit man. It's me or him and I will do everything in my powers for it to be him.

I joined the military pre-9/11, I wasn't one of those types of people that wanted to go to war to fuck shit up. I joined to better my life. I fucked around in HS, got shitty grades, didn't want to go to college. So I did what I thought was best for me.

9/11 happened while I was in boot camp, and I was scared shitless!! But if I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a heart beat because I wouldn't be where I am at now.

18. I want to be a Marine. So I am going to go to college just so I can start off at a higher rank instead of starting at a Recruit.

19. [quote name='"JayTab"']

Yeah the Marines used to reserve MOS slots, but I don't think they do it anymore (But this coming from the grunts in green across the hall). And as far as choosing your first duty station, I think its only with certain AOs in the Navy now.

The Navy was my first choice, but they had no jobs besides Special Forces Candidate and Nuke, but now I've heard its every branch that has pretty much nothing open right now. Supposedly sometime in June, the Army is cutting 88,000 active jobs immediately.[/quote]

Yeah a lot of shit has changed since I joined. Haha. I heard a year or two back that MPs are in high demand. Don't know if that's still the case.

A few of my buddies from the marines went air force MP after they did 6 years in the marines.