Joining the military

Discussion in 'General' started by Rollin Cr00k3d, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Ive always hated the military. I used to think I would never join. But now idk, I feel like I'd be pretty fuckin good at poppin mothafuckas heads off.

And you get government benefits.

Shit idk fellas

2. As long as you don't have any felonies or serious medical problems, go for it

3. If you're joining the military for the purpose of "popping motherfuckers heads off", it probably isn't the place for you.

4. I'm saying that if I did join I'd want to actually be fighting and in the field, not desk work (though I realize some of this is inevitable)

5. why did you always hate the military? and is bustin peoples heads open the only reason you'd want to join? like the other guy said, it won't be the place for you if that's what you want.

6. Just what it represents and how your somewhat "enslaved" in the system once you join. Idk I saw that Act of Valor a little bit back and thought it was cool. You know, movies get you going these days.

7. Husband was in the Marines for 5 years and I have countless friends because of it/going into it often. It's never the wrong choice man, just gotta be sure it's what you want, it can put you ahead if you work it right. It's a steady job and pay if you're down for it. All the bullshit that comes with it can be worth it, compared to real world shit(pay, stability, etc). My Husband is getting his job back now as a civilian, 36$ to start. Better yet though you could get a degree then go in to be a Officer(OCS) to bypass some of the bullshit and make more $. Many options, just gotta be real about it.

Blah Blah Blah contract signing away 5 or so years starting from a peon with shit pay....
    or sign away a year or less of life to get a degree and sign away 5 or so years of your
    life in a higher position than everyone else and get paid more(pay off the school if needed)..

Depending on if you get grants or not for the schooling. Good luck though dude just trying to give my views from what I've learned. (B Life changing experience and not
    a one of the people I've met regret it, it's a life for some and a kick start for some.

8. Also, I've been living on the streets for awhile, and after awhile that shit starts to take its toll, and you start looking for a way out. ANY way out.

9. Joining the military because you saw Act of Valor? You're setting yourself up for enormous disappointment.

10. Haha no that's not at all what I meant, you read me wrong. It just kinda motivated me to sign up, that's what I was saying about movies. You see a Jason Bourne movie and your like damn I wish I could be a spy or whatever. I didn't see that movie and suddenly want to enlist at the nearest base haha.

11. Fuck that noise. Joining the military is the one of the stupidest things you could do.

12. Do you have any reasons for feeling that way?

13. [quote name='"Nechesh666"']Fuck that noise. Joining the military is the one of the stupidest things you could do.[/quote]

Lmao!

14. This..... bad idea to join because you think its heroic or whatever, their is no honor in war man, its dirty shit, and really horrific sometimes. But their are upsides like the training, the people you meet, gi bill, they help you pay off loans that you already have out. Many good things to come of it if you enter with the right mindset, however if you wanna "pop motherfuckers heads off" i suggest joining the mafia or some shit. Because until you actually take a mans life you do not know what its like, im sorry its not comparable to hunting or anything really, its heavy shit and people get fucked up from thinkinbg about it to much. So if you have a strong mind then go for it, but if you wanna "pop motherfuckers heads off" dont do it man, bad choice.:smoke:

15. Haha btw their propaganda worked perfectly haha jk:smoke:

16. honestly, if you feel like its something you want to do, i say go for it. i personally couldn't cause of certain health shit, but my friend is currently over in afghanistan. i mean, yeah its hard for him, but once hes done he'll be off to a good start. plus im pretty sure (heard from another friend who was in iraq) they'll pay for your schooling when you're out.

i dont see why not if you don't have many other options and you feel you're ready. go ask for information at the recruiter's office. they arent going to get you to sign anything right away lol. and theyre never busy, i went down there multiple times and all they did was play call of duty and yell at other people.

17. Yes. I do not support U.S. imperialism and these wars for profit. I do not support the murder of innocent people in far away lands. I do not support nationalism and "fighting for your country." By signing up for the military you are signing up for slavery; to be a pawn used in a grand chess game. To them, you are nothing and your life is expendable.

If you also do not support war and don't like the idea of throwing your life away but are willing to do so for government benefits and the like, then you are selling out your integrity and deserve no respect.

18. Just my take on it

19. [quote name='"Rollin Cr00k3d"']Ive always hated the military. I used to think I would never join. But now idk, I feel like I'd be pretty fuckin good at poppin mothafuckas heads off.

And you get government benefits.

Shit idk fellas[/quote]

The military sucks dick. But if you're poor and need healthcare, or want to kill people go for it.

Instead of a governmental work force that could provide all of those things along with a domestic job our country has instead opted for a super massive, overfunded, juggernaut of a military that hemorrhages money from our economy and consistently causes and adds to our massive debt.

20. [quote name='"Rollin Cr00k3d"']I feel like I'd be pretty fuckin good at poppin mothafuckas heads off.
    [/quote]

View attachment 842182

Nuff said. I did 6 years in the Marines and 3 tours. Plenty of action if you really want it, just go infantry.