Joining the Marines

Discussion in 'General' started by HEADDS, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Because I am addicted to hardcore things, the USMC is going to be my next drug of choice. Everything I do seems to scream MARINES at me. The clothes I wear, the things I do, the vehicle I drive, it all points me in one direction. Sure I'm not going to be able to smoke dank, trip balls, get wasted, but the way I see it I need a good long break with no interruptions. Weed will always be there. This is something I need to do. I plan on growing a QP and stashing it away until I am able to blaze freely. HOORAH!

2. Fuckin go for it my man

3. Sounds like you really wanna do it. Go for it! I have a brother shipping off to the marines in june i believe. Not exactly sure when but i know he's leaving sometimes haha.

4. good luck my man... was gonna join but i just dont got the balls

5. study hard for your ASVAB, 2 out of 9 of the test are about mechanics and electrical shit i think more cant remember to well but its pretty hard

6. Semper Fi. Ive been thinking about joining the Marines but I think its too hardcore for me. I swear Ill be Pvt. Pyle from Full Metal Jacket

7. the asvab does have some mechanical stuff but not like the mechanical you are thinking. its more like being able to imagine things in your head and then be able to come to whatever conclusion they are asking for.

its more to do with mathematics and science than understanding how to take things apart. if you can do decently on your SATs or some of your standard math tests. the engineering aspects of the test have visual aids to help you with the question. like if there are 3 or 4 gears and one makes 5 turns then how many will gear D make?

i got an 86 on mine and i was a D student. A's in all my math and science but everything else i either failed or had bad grades.

dont believe what your recruiters tell you tho. its not all fun and games, you probably wont get the kind of job you really want unless after boot camp, when you are in you MOS school you end up being one of the best, then you can ask to be transferred someplace that has another school and they teach you more.

for me i went for architectural engineering. and i ended up surpassing a lot of the other people in my school because i had already been doing a lot of the stuff they were teaching us and so i ended up being promoted to Cpl. very early and so i got a lot of offers from other places asking if i wanted to do this or that.

i ended up going to japan to help design a new building for a base in okinawa then they sent me to iraq where i designed new government buildings for the ones that had been destroyed. but i had to work really hard to do that.

my friend i signed up with went to the same base as i did but he was working on the electrical systems of the jets and some networking shit. but again he worked his ass off and ended up being a sgt. by the time he was 2.5 years in. and would have made ssgt but he decided not to reenlist.

boot camp is the hardest part tho. let me tell you. its 3 months of getting your ass chewed out for something some other dude on the other side of the room did. you will have to learn a lot of patience cuz chances are, you arent a dumbass, its some other dude that just cant get it and cant get anything right. and you pay for it by doing the same shit over and over and over again til he gets it right 15 times.

the parade deck will kill you because yeah its just marching, but thats the shit people cant understand.

the mcmat is badass tho. and the water fighting isnt fun either. you have every right to be scared shitless.

8. Semper Fi - serve proudly my friend

9. one of my best friends is a Marine. I am very proud of him.. a very great thing to do.

and the thing about not being able to get wasted? hahahaha what?! yeah, you might not be able to blaze weed, but drinking? hell yeah you'll be able to drink! not in boot or anything, but once you're stationed somewhere you'll be able to get fucked the fuck up! another friend of mine is stationed in Japan and he says that when they're not doing anything or have a free night, they all get hammered at a bar. but be careful. alcohol + marines = a fight every single time.

10. Agreed completely. My friend is about to ship off to Afghanistan and I couldn't be more proud of him. Fuck people who say Marines are baby killers or whatever. Without the Marines, were all fucked. You guys do an amazing service for our nation and I am beyond proud of ALL Marines.

Also, on the note of getting fucked up, this guy is completely right. My friend is at base right now until he deploys and all he does it get fucked up, get tattoos, ride motorcycles and work on his car.

One thing to think about if you go 0311, Mojave Viper Combined Arms Training. My friend just did that and said it was completely insane. He's nearly deaf from it now but he said it was crazy. Almost like a real combat experience. Also, there was a gas chamber training thing he had to do in boot camp and ever since then he occasionally gets CRAZY coughing fits where he absolutely needs a drink of water. Said his lungs haven't been right since.

Overall, do it. My friend is a stronger person mentally and physically from the Marines and of the friends I met who attended Boot Camp with him, the Marines seems to have the same effect on them. They have all cleaned up their lives and they are working toward something they truly believe in. Being a Marine is an intense life choice that is truly something to be proud of. Semper Fidelis.

11. #11 wenahaone, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
    Yes, go for it. Be part of something that is a big waste of tax dollars.

I personally don't understand how anyone in the marines could feel good about what they are doing or what they are part of.

12. Sounds fucking cool man. I say go for it. The Ganja will always be there. You're only young once.

13. Wew... can't wait for the years of war ahead of us and the endless amount of willing soldiers and supporters to fuel it. It's not like bankers are fucking the masses over enough, let's throw a massive army in the equation. Blow up and build a few nations. Wew, blood and guts!

14. Good luck to you. We must respect anyone who chooses to serve in the armed forces

15. #15 cowboysaxman, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
    Thank you in advance for your service:wave:

Sorry in advance for the anger, and Flaming that might be coming your way for posting it here:mad:

As a 6yr. Diabled Vet my only advice is........once you're in......yup...........NEVER VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING! :)

16. Sounds awesome man. You'll kill people you've never met for reasons not yet determined, for about 30 grand a year.

Semper Fi BROTTTTHHHHEERRRRR!!!

17. Your signature doesn't suit you.

Good luck HEADDS, much respect brudda.

18. I personally don't understand how anyone who has never served can criticize anyone in the Armed forces for keeping America safe. Believe what crap you want to about government conspiricies and why we're fighting this war, but the truth is they put their LIFE on the line every day for YOU.

What the hell have you done lately? :smoke:

19. my friend was set to join but they didnt take him bc he has a tattoo :confused:

ive seen marines covered in tats..... he said he couldnt get a waiver or something, i dunno.

20. ur a wanker:D