Joining the Army next month.. Im scared

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Feb 21, 2016.

1. I'm not scared of dying, I'm scared of dying unhappy... I'm very unsatisfied with my life ATM. So many things I want to do like get a nice car, get laid , have a house / family, etc...

& its so ironic how WW3 (look it up) is starting right when I join... Talk about bad luck.

I'd take a bullet for this country any day, but I'd rather die a happy man than a lonely / depressed one.

My questions are:
    •What can I expect after training? (Places I'll go, things I'll do, people I'll meet, etc)
    •Chances of me getting wounded/KIA?
    •Will having this fresh start being a soldier help me become a happier / confident person..?

I've always wanted to be in the military. Being a minimum wage cashier is extremely stressful 😪😭😒
    I'm active duty Motor T (in case you were wondering)

Please help. Thanks in advance blades 😊

2. and you believe this is your magical fast pass to getting laid and all that other shit, huh.

haha, alright dude, good luck.

3. Seriously dude wtf?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Do what makes you happy bro! I joined the Canadian forces a couple weeks ago and just did testing. But it depends what you went in for. I know it will take you a few years before you would ever be deployed anyways, like you need to get all the training and stuff first. But I know the military life is a lot more different the regular civilian life. Be prepared to spend lots of time away from family. But you will meet amazing friends on the way and you will definitely feel very proud of yourself !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Op stop it already!!! This is your third post about the same issue ... only time will tell how you'll turn out after this experience .. now get yo shit together bcuz uncle sam will be expecting you shortly ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Jane_Bellamont, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
    Joining the army is something you should do for YOU, not to impress anyone else. If you're seriously thinking of doing it only to supposedly impress the chicks, you'll be setting yourself up for major disappointment, and you will very likely lose motivation and enthusiasm less than halfway through your course.

Chicks only dig men in uniform as a novelty, not for long-term relationships. I don't think a girl is necessarily going to love the idea of being in a relationship with someone who is going to spend half their lives overseas, likely having sex with prostitutes, risking their lives, etc.

I do sympathize with your pain, nevertheless. Yeah, people these days are hard to impress. Everyone expects you to be a supermodel.. a moviestar, etc. etc. especially the shallow instagram-facebook generation. Being lonely sucks BIG time!

..but you know what sucks even more? Having to kiss people's fucking asses all the time.

It's a liberating feeling to not have to rely on someone else's presence to be happy.
    It's a liberating feeling to be able to say No when a friend invites you to a party.
    It's a liberating feeling to be able to turn down an opportunity to date or have sex with someone, especially if you feel as if you're settling for less.

It's a liberating feeling to be able to immerse yourself into your ambitions, and let the whole world go fuck itself.. because your WORK and your GOALS matter more to you. Because YOU matter more to YOU. Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I see your name down there, dude, do you have anything to say to all of this.
    The army is not your magical fix-it band aid that will help you man up, it's a contract.

8. My original advice is still applicable. Don't step on any landmines.

9. I don't think this is going to work out the way you thought it would.[​IMG]

10. i can't wait to join. Seems very fun 😂

11. i'm sure killing people on the other side of the world for barely more than min wage is certainly less stressful than being a cashier

12. You sound pretty immature if im honest. Maybe the army would be a good idea in a few years time.
    Maybe get laid first :)

Oh and i wouldnt read to much into ww3. There hasnt been a time where there werent a few war goes on. This time is no different.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The pay isn't bad, actually.

It is the stress involved, that is what ups the ante.[​IMG]

14. #14 Deleted member 42976, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    I guess. I just know my friend who is a vet always bitches because the Army didn't pay him half the money they promised as a sign on bonus and all that stuff. Plus he got PSTD from having to shoot a child who had a gun and from seeing friends get shot/blown up.

15. #15 OscarZetaAcosta, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016

Oh, no...That's true. You won't get shit but half of what the recruiter tells you that you will get.

Always been like that from what I hear.[​IMG]

Sorry to hear about your friend as well, war is hell...That will never change.

16. A cashier is stressful? Try being a chef working 12 hours 7 days a week!

In all fairness you're best to ask a recruiter these questions or even better an ex-serviceman.
    Just my opinion but WW3 is not about to start, the Russians are talking to the Saudis. The Yanks are now coordinating with the Russians. The U.K. Is trying its best to stay outta beef. It's only Turkey trying to fuck shit up as a NATO member and if they invade Syria further then their 200 meters they will be killed off in days.. They waited far to long!

17. Russia is doing what its always done. Prodding its neighbours &irritating the rest of the world. The Russians only understand strength & if someone does not call there bluff sadly they will grab more land.

It wont go nuclear the russian has now got a taste of wealth they aint gonna lose all those billions they have stolen from the state.

18. Prodding is better then staging coups, over turning governments and turning country's into hell. Russia has been bullied by NATO since their formation.
    The country's all around the Russian boarder carry NATO ballistic missiles supplied by America, I'm all for the Russians flying their empty bombers close to Britain, while we stage war games and the yanks fly bombers armed with nuclear bombs close to their boarder we moan about Russia prodding country's.

What money has Russia stolen and from what state?

19. Stolen there own countries assets. Never fails to amaze the people who side with russia,. They are a brutal regime.

As for bombing countries into hell. Well its 8n same par of blowing passenger jets out the sky and Russia has done that a few times now. Or poisoning people abuse of human rights etc etc etc. Putin is a fucking gangster multi billonaire who jails or kills anyone who stands up to him.

I would order there planes shot down if they invade our sky. You think russia wouldnt if we were doing it! Fuck sake man they oppressed the east for decades.

20. I wouldn't sweat it. The only war the US does these days is via remote control planes.

I wouldn't think you are going to end up in the middle of the movie Platoon or anything. You will be doing lots of running around singing songs i'd say.

Toughen up a bit as well or the army ain't going to be too sweet. You can't be going around whimpering about getting killed and worrying about where you are sent.

If you can't, run.

Sent from the bowels of The Pentagon