Joining army?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Has anyone here ever considered joining the U.S Army/marines?

2. Yes.

Dont sighn anything with out deep consideration and resarch.

If you make it, and are smart. It can be an easy steady Job, with early retirement.

On the other hand, it can be years of hell, ending in losing friends, and/or limbs.

But.. its up to you, its not that simple but you know what I mean.

If you are smart, you can be promoted twice before you ship off, wich puts you about a year and a half ahead.

3. I thought it might be cool, and then I realized that I love being able to smoke weed and hang out with friends, and not getting shot at.

4. soldiers don't smoke weed?

5. life is not all about the weed bro

6. I, myself, am strongly in favor of not dying. But to each his own.

7. I plan on going back here in the next year or so.

I was just at Ft. Benning for Basic Training when I blew out my knee in week 6. So right now im home on medical leave, but hopefully I can rehab it and get back.

I really enjoyed it. Its non-stop excitement and shit other people never will experience.

8. well that aside, junkie days your not even aloud to be infantry. so...

lol

Yeah If you are up for a test of will, fate, and all that.....it could be a mind blowing experience.

9. Yeah, well, I also have a problem with supporting those who send others to die... so... yeah...

10. if you join now your going over seas no matter what job you get. i live in an air force town right now and know alot of people that would advise aginst the armed forces at the moment. there is people i know personally in the air force that have been on ground missions that have seen people get blown up or had to shoot people.

11. but as of right now, evreyone was willing, its a volunteer basis.

12. It is, but a very large majority of people I know who have gone into the military did it because they desperately need money for college, so they can get a career and continue their life. And then many of them get stuck, having to go back and fight over and over when they think they're going to be done. It's a sad thing to see a mother lose a son because he needed money for school...
    I guess I'm just not a big fan of war in general though. Like I said, to each their own.

13. Man killing Man for someone else's cause. Violence, I feel is all the world amounts to now, there never really was peace when you think about, people have been fighting for thousands of years, man is just like that though.

14. I would NEVER risk my own life for our government

15. I plan to join the Army. :)

16. I've considered joining the Army. But I wanna see how things in my life go the next few years before I make such a big commitment. I have other ambitions and if they don't work out then the Army is my back up plan.

17. Awesome :D

Everyone who signs up, knows what they are getting into.. and we get compensated great.. bonsues, ect.... people who enlist in the military then whine about seeing combat, DISGUST me... they are willing to take that 20,000$ bonus, or the education money, but when they get called to do THEIR JOB they turn into walking, talking vaginas.