Joined the Marines.

Discussion in 'General' started by CmUrDeR, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Nice bro! im going to join either marines or army after i get out of college. I want to be in special forces. good luck bro! DIG DEEP!

2. Hey OP good luck in Marine Bootcamp that shit is hardcore. As for me I enlisted into the Air Force a few weeks ago. I dont leave until November tho because thats when I'm done with my schooling.

3. This is why I hate the military.

Have fun in Afghanistan. Be safe.

4. Good luck :)

I would never join the military. But I respect the people that do. Just not the people who send them off to war.

5. My cousin did.

I doubt he'll be up for it when he see's his first dead body though.Dude just isnt that type,I hope he does okay.He'll probably be bat shit crazy if he get's back if he ever serve's time on the frontline.

He is going to freak when he shoot's someone.

6. good job man, congrats!

THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR WONDERFUL COUNTRY!

7. Oo fucking Rah man

It takes a great deal to give up herb and your rights to serve your country and better yourself as an individual. You are very mature and level headed for signing that contract. What's your MOS man?

8. #28 Trich0me, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    To OP, I hope you don't turn out to be a nasty quitter like this guy ^^^^

When you're there, EVERYONE thinks it's not for them. Just keep pushing and don't give up on yourself and your friends.

9. I enlisted in the army when I was 18, but never would I be dumb enough to join infantry. There are people who would die for free, I'm not one of them.

Plus, if you are infantry, you get the least amount of benefits, which I find odd.

10. All those dumb people that went infantry kept you alive at one point I'm sure.

11. good luck and be safe man..
    hope it works for you

12. Can't see it... why?

13. #33 rudolph, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    We're all drones man. If someone makes more money than you in the military, then you do what they. No questions about it. Doesn't matter how stupid they are too. I'm in intel (E-4) and have to go by what idiot E-6s and above tell me to do, even though they can't spell at a 9th grade level.

14. My friend is flying out to join in june, good luck man.

15. im tempted but i just cant see myself making that kind of huge commitment.

16. Hey man I'm sorry it didn't go well for you, it didn't always go well for me either . Have you ever heard of E-6 syndrome? They are usually piss and vinegar and think thier god because they are a Staff NCO, I can see completely where you come from there. But no one statement is true for all situations. I always made sure my marines were taken care of before I was. I'm not sure what branch you are in, but in the Marines, the oldest serve the youngest to show humility.

17. Ya dude. I hear ya. I just had a bad run in with those E5-E6s that have been in for 15-20 years. They aren't the nicest people.

So you retired as an E8? That's good shit man. Do you smoke weed now?

18. Wow, how about some of you guys show respect for the guy? Do you think the guys in Iraq are fighting over they because they agree that having leverage over oil is one of our country's highest priorities? Someone has got to do it, and volunteering for active duty is certainly the best way to have some honor in existence and doing something bigger than yourself. Peace be with you man.

19. Of course I do now, I did once or twice while I was in, but that almost got too hairy:smoking:

20. It's a bad time to join the military around now. Especially if you're not in the Special Forces, then you're pretty much guaranteed to be killed. If you're a natural warrior than like always, you'll be fine.