Joined the Marines.

Discussion in 'General' started by CmUrDeR, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Well, not too long ago I swore into the USMC DEP.
    Dont leave for quite some time for boot though.
    Anyone else enlisted?

2. i dont fancy being sent to fight a war i dont support in any way shape or form.

3. im joining in 1 year i cant wight but i wanna travle first.

4. Hell nooo. I will never enlist into anything.

5. I've never had thoughts about enlisting, but I have major respect for anyone that does, good luck man.

6. Congrats man, I probably would´ve enlisted in the USMC if I was still in the states.

Now after 3 years of college, I´ve realized that studying just isn´t for me so I´m hoping to go to the naval academy to be a "Marine Corps" (Naval Infantry Corps here) Officer, I was in college when the sub-officer school had their exams. If I don´t get in I´ll probably enlist anyway.

Best of luck to ya man, just give it all you got and don´t regret your decision.

7. Ive been considering it for a long time now.

8. Good luck man. Hope everything goes alright.

Not to much good news coming from Iraq though. Hopefully you don't come back with PTSD or some other disorder.

+rep for doing what you want to do and enlisting

9. I wish I could enlist, but with 2 titanium rods in my back I think that's going to be pretty hard.

10. when i'm out of school i might join the Air Force and be a nurse

11. If my country called on me I would definitely do my duty and go to war.

Props for volunteering not everyone has the guts or balls to do it.

:hello:

Good luck too ya. Don't listen to any of the anti-war stuff because troops need to know they are supported unconditionally. Hopefully even by those who are anti-war.

12. Anti-war people do support their troops. I don't like seeing people my age dying in Iraq so I can get less than $5 at the pump. The evidence showing that Bush manipulated intelligence to bring us to war with Iraq is damning.

If the US or our allies were attacked, I would enlist.

13. yeah, i have def always supported our troops, but have always been against the war...trust me dude...just because i dont support what your fighting for *hell your just doing your job rite?* doesnt mean i dont support you going over there to do whatever it is your doing...many soldiers are against the war themselves...but like i said..theres nothing they can do about it or be court marshalled...
    so yeah...WHEN you go to boot and IF you get shipped out best of luck man! be careful too

my cousin was in the army, was a first line driver *idk what they are really called but he was going to drive the jeeps that bring the troops into war zones...high fatality rate kinda stuff* but got a medical discharge because he developed asthma while there..he never knew he had it but durring boot he got it somehow..im really glad that he didnt get shipped out

14. Good reason to enlist!

We can debate that in the political forum:D

15. I don't even want to imagine being in any type of military.......

I enjoy my freedom too much and do not need to be told what to do and when to do it (even if I don't agree with it)....

Good luck to you sir.......

16. Congrats man!

Regardless of opinions on the war, still support the people!

I've been thinking about joining after I finish school. Not the marines though. The Coast Guard or the Navy. It all depends on what life throws at me. If i'm offered a great job right out of college, I'd probably take it.

I hope i'm not denied due to semi-flat feet, though.

17. im going in real soon, whats your MOS?

18. congrats dude. i was going to enlist but decided to wait on it for a bit.

I wish you the best of luck mah man.

19. I went to marine corps bootcamp when I was 18. Needless to say it didnt work out. I'm glad it didn't... stupidest thing I ever did. Not to say that it's not a good idea for you - it just wasn't for me.

20. USMC retired 1stSgt Ha****ck here, it is a good thing just listen to what you're told, remember you have one mouth and two ears.